Where is this supposed to go?

iinversion

I was changing my transmission fluid today and I noticed this connector hanging around. It looks like it was cut and I can't seem to figure out what it's for.

Here is a picture:

Can anyone fill me in on what this is?

I have a '01 GSR.

iinversion

What route did you take on filling new fluid into the transmission?
I removed the passenger tire, unbolted the drain and fill plugs, let it drain out, filled it back up with new fluid through the fill hole by means of a funnel with a tube on it and used new crush washers on the plugs.

Not sure why that is relevant though. I'm just wondering what that plug/wire is supposed to be going to.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I cant help you with the plug. I havent noticed a plug on the bottom of my tranny. Then again, i never looked to see if there was one. Someone eill chime in soon

I have been researching on filling the tranny. Just seeing which route you went. Im going to be doing this when i do my clutch.

iinversion

I cant help you with the plug. I havent noticed a plug on the bottom of my tranny. Then again, i never looked to see if there was one. Someone eill chime in soon

I have been researching on filling the tranny. Just seeing which route you went. Im going to be doing this when i do my clutch.
Yea I found it extremely easy the way I briefly described. You'll need a breaker bar, they were on pretty tight.

Just make sure you use new crush washers. My old ones looked pretty terrible and bent very easily after I had them off. The only issue I ran into was my torque wrench didn't have room to torque the filler bolt back on so I had to guess by hand. Here is a good walkthrough:

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/blogs/styleteg/88-changing-your-manual-transmission-fluid-gen3.html

As far as refilling it you can take your intake off and there is plenty of room to use a transmission funnel to get down there to re-fill it.

I used Amsoil MTF.

but yeah that plug/wire thing.. really curious.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Check if your reverse lights work. The plug might be connected to the speed sensor.

osiris19

Screws into the side of the case and goes up to the top of the trans and attaches to a plug from the engine harness.