Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

XjoEnX

Whose making fun of NRG quick release products? I'll kill!! Sweet updates Nick :)

XjoEnX

Just my review in case you needed it:

I had the NRG quick release setup for almost three years now. Daily driver with 75-100 miles every weekday and remove it each time I'm away from my car. Still no loose play on it. I've only greased it once since I've owned it and am about to before the year ends.

Nick_C78

Yeah man. I have yet to find anybody that has had a problem with their NRG, even my track buddies. Mine also works great and see no reason why people hate on it. I know Thadya has that thread on NRG vs Works Bell, which has a lot of great points as far as why you should support the originators instead of the knock offs, but if that were true in all cases then we should all drive Mercedes, because they invented the first automobile after all.

Nick_C78

Today we had a little bbq for my girlfriends birthday, but track is only a week away so naturally, it ended up turning in to a prep day(well, after the bbq was over). My buddy Tom Chin came over to restore my headlight lenses inside and out, they look way better, but far from perfect in his OCD eyes. I was able to to get my ASR brace installed today as well as the sway bar, Tom helped with that too.

Here is a picture of Tom Chin rubbing one out :p :

Here is a pic of the Eibach bar vs stock GSR.

The stock GSR bar sure is cute.

Asr Brace Installed:

Finished Product:

Nick_C78

Well, I am all prepped and ready to go for Sunday. Got my wheel alignment done at West End on wednesday. They gave me some interesting news; Apparently my driver side rear spring may be collapsed a little. I kind of expected it though, because that wheel sits funny now and this suspension was never meant to track. I am just going to hope for the best on Sunday(famous last words)...lol I think I might make the sway bar a little stiffer too, so that it takes a lot of the weight off that spring when I am in hard corners so that it doesn't bind. What do you guys think on that idea?

Oh and on a side note I got my car weighed and it is 2275lbs with 3/4 tank of gas. Not bad considering.

dlo253

Nice setup. I remember getting a good laugh at the stock sway bars when I upgraded mine. They are like a tuning fork compared to the beefy goodness that replaced it hahaha. Like the stealth mode... Don't think that would be a bad idea, to stiffen the bar a little bit. Give you a little more piece of mind with that spring issue. Also nice to hear good experiences with NRG. Been wanting a QR just for added security but had been weary of going with NRG. Usually people offer all those color choices to try and substitute the shitty quality, lol.

Last edited:

XjoEnX

Haha loving it. Turn your girls birthday party into a project day. :thumbs up. I'm sure she was all for it too. Keeper!

Nick_C78

Haha yeah.

So my track morning got off to a rocky start.. I broke a wheel during my first session because of a stupid spin. I was stuck behind these super slow cars that don't understand was a point by is. They were running at about a 2:40-2:50 pace. I FINALLY worked my way through that back of slow people and started to push it. It didn't even dawn on me that my tires weren't warmed up yet, because of the pace I had been going...So I spun before the entrance of Sunset and hit the inside berm. This was the result:

That same session I got parked for leaking oil...apparently my catch can overflowed...Time for baffles? lol and To top it off my car started having a sputtering issue all day long. One that is very similar to the one Katman has/had. Very annoying. I suspect TPS. The sputtering issue caused a spin coming out of phil hill, which led to me having to be towed in since the car would not refire...Luckily I convinced the guy to let me try to pull start it. That worked so I drove the rest of the way in. After inspecting it I noticed the ignition wire got knocked off the starter. Yay for simple fixes!

Now, after all those issues(except sputtering that one still plagued me all day) were resolved and my spare rota was put on it was time to attack the track again. Battled traffic all day! Man it was really really annoying, especially some Lemons car with some beer tap on the back. That son of a bitch was so slow and never gave point bys. he also doesn't lift when you try to pass. In the drivers meeting he said "Why do I have to lift? That is going to mess up my time." Really dude, its going to mess up your 2:40? I digress...

So I managed a 2:10 in the second session and I was really happy! Decided to go back out there for the 3rd session and am not sure what my time was because they decided not to post black run 3. Which made me go back out for the 4th session. I managed a 2.08.817! The car handled very interesting how I thought. The front felt very sloppy and the rear felt pretty decent, which ended up being a very touchy car, but somewhat fun. All in all a fun day and a very unexpected PB.