1986 Integra LS got a little wet and need help deciphering ECM part numbers

1stGenTegra

Hello CI

My name is Alecs, or 1stGenTegra and this is my first post. 8)

I have just today purchased my second 1st Gen Integra. Of course, it doesnt run. :cry: but I feel it is not far off. Cranks fine and if I spray starting fluid in the intake she sputters to a Hope giving start :lol:

So I resoldered the main relay and still no luck.

Then I remembered that the ECM is located under the passnger seat and when I picked the car up today i was greeted by a two inch pool of water under both seats due to a leaky moonroof.

It was almost funny to take out the seat and see that computer rusted and corroded and absolutely waterlogged. So I figured the best place to start was with a dry :lol: ECM.

So I pulled it and got the number off the side and it is 37820-PG7-662.

My question is, if I buy a used ECM from ebay with a warranty. Does the part number have to exactly match? There are many ECM's for auto and manual applications and they always differ in the last 2 numbers. As long as I have a MANUAL ECU will it work? Just wondering if any seasoned Teg lovers have any input? Any help would be appreciated! :D

Thanks!

Last edited:

enoch723

Dont go to ebay for ecm or ecu stuff ever. Lol. My advice is get a hold of danny carlson from nwhondaclassic and he will get you what you need.

cheddasautomotive also makes some stuff for the G1 teg and 3G civic. He can make a little stand for the ecm to sit on so the water wont get to it. I had to do it in my G1 as well. I ended up putting petroleum jelly around the sunroof. It works great but will melt if its sitting in the sun so try to park on an even spot

awright3331

G1 TEG
Hello CI

My name is Alecs, or 1stGenTegra and this is my first post. 8)

I have just today purchased my second 1st Gen Integra. Of course, it doesnt run. :cry: but I feel it is not far off. Cranks fine and if I spray starting fluid in the intake she sputters to a Hope giving start :lol:

So I resoldered the main relay and still no luck.

Then I remembered that the ECM is located under the passnger seat and when I picked the car up today i was greeted by a two inch pool of water under both seats due to a leaky moonroof.

It was almost funny to take out the seat and see that computer rusted and corroded and absolutely waterlogged. So I figured the best place to start was with a dry :lol: ECM.

So I pulled it and got the number off the side and it is 37820-PG7-662.

My question is, if I buy a used ECM from ebay with a warranty. Does the part number have to exactly match? There are many ECM's for auto and manual applications and they always differ in the last 2 numbers. As long as I have a MANUAL ECU will it work? Just wondering if any seasoned Teg lovers have any input? Any help would be appreciated! :D

Thanks!
Hit up Vintage Integra Club on facebook sir, Danny Carlson is the owner there, If anyone has that part, it is him. https://www.facebook.com/groups/129310057179936/

enoch723

Seen you got a hold of him. Glad I could help. Get a hold of cheddasauto to get a stand for it too.. you will need it