Spark plug recommendations?

awright3331

G1 TEG
Ok so ive narrowed it down to two options for my cars plugs.

Ive used bosch dual fire platinums in my 1991 civic seen below:

not only did they perform well, but they noticeably increased my gas mileage, but on the other hand the NGK's in my teg are doing pretty good and I havent replaced them for almost a year.

Now that my check is comming up, soon im going to start putting a list together of must-get parts for my integra. and interior accessories that im going to get. Im going to have 300 dollars to get parts and such

What i have so far, most important to least important

Tires 124.88 for two 185/60R14 leaves me with 175.12 (unless my buddy can get me two for 50 a piece

4 NGK performance plugs - 15.96

Castrol GTX High Mileage part syn. 17.97

Fram tough guard oil filter - 5.00

NGK Plug wire set 50 bucks

Leaves me with 86.19 to spend. Minus paying my phone which will be 50 bucks flat - is 39.16
minus a few packs of cigs would leave me with 20.14 -9.00 for my RCA cables to hook the amp up.
So ive got the entire check spent on just car stuff that I need. and theres only one thing I want thats a pack of light bars for my interior thats 10 bucks and they come with the mounting kit for 10 bucks, so that leaves me with a dollar for an ice cold beverage when all of my work on the car is done..

So tell me what you use and what you notice works best in the D16A1 motors, and what should i get rid of that im spending to much on

enoch723

Everything said above I agree with. I tend to pay a little extra and get the NGK iridium plugs just cause Ive notice that they actually do last longer. Stay away from fram.. Worked there and they are crap. Look up some videos of people taking them apart and you wont ever use them again. I go with bosch usually.

drevans_satx

Dylan
Use iridium plugs if you don't have an oil burning problem. Ruining $7 plugs blows.

K&N filter is great! I love them, but I switched to Purolator gold. A quality filter without the convenience of the but, but if you install it correctly and don't hulk it on you'll never have an issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

awright3331

G1 TEG
Ok. Screw fram! My car is getting the hell off that mother effer as quick as possible..../..Fram can kiss my ass. The oil passages are smaller then other filters, which by common sense means less oil is flowing through that sob!

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Yep on NGK. I use OEM Honda/Acura oil filter. Really inexpensive and it comes with a free oil drain plug washer.

gsr_nikhil

Dads been using fram filters for about 20 years and I've been using em for 6. Never failed on me before! Except once when I screwed it on too tight and it imploded lol but that's it