What else can my teg benefit from

awright3331

G1 TEG
So far I have a new dizzy, a new oil pan gasket, new cap and rotor, new coil pack, new fuel pump, new fuel filter, new fuel rail with 4 new injectors, 4 new injector O-Rings, new starter, new alternator, new power steering pump, new drive belts, new headlights, new retractor motors, new wiring harness, new A/C power switch, new radiator, new radiator hoses, new shift linkage and torque rod, new oil pan, new CV joints.

When my check gets here on the first of April im going to get a new valve cover gasket, high performance plugs and wires, new battery, tires, brakes and rotors, calipers(red), new cruise control module, new carpet, short throw gear shifter.

For the life of me, i cant figure out what else I can replace after all of the above because everything I can think of is brand new or fixing to be brand new. so thats pretty much it for restoration of my drive train, next thing im going to do is my interior after all the above is done, new carpeting, new radio, new speakers and new amp. maybe a new sub.

The very last thing is im going to turn my exhaust into a dual using a Y pipe.

So anyone who has answers as to what else I can replace under the hood(besides engine and transmission) that would benefit my car.

Oh and to those of you who know about the light switch the previous owner screwed to the dash, im going to replace that section of the dash and get some kind of dash mounting kit or something and put a toggle switch in its place, but im also going to replace all the mounts for the cluster cover thing because all of the mounts on it are broke, so im going to replace them and the cover.

enoch723

Simple mod you can do is replace the cams with zc cams. Mine might be for sale when I get my check in april too if everything goes as planned. Have the receipt for them being polished still too, I would sell them to you for 100+shipping.

awright3331

G1 TEG
Simple mod you can do is replace the cams with zc cams. Mine might be for sale when I get my check in april too if everything goes as planned. Have the receipt for them being polished still too, I would sell them to you for 100+shipping.
Can those just be dropped in and bolted? Will it mess up my engine? Will I need new cam gears for them? What do I need to put them in?

enoch723

They bolt right in, and have the same gear ratio as the stock cams. Dont need anything anything out of the ordinary(maybe a valve cover gasket if yours is old) If I sell you my zc cams I have the stock zc p28 gears on it so you wouldnt have to worry.

Litterally all your going to need is a socket set and a torque wrench. Take the valve cover gasket off, unbolt your old cams and put the new ones in and put everything back together. Sometimes you will need a valve adjustment or some simple tuning but they just bolt in.

Your not going to be gaining a whole lot, the zc cams are just more aggressive and open your power band really. My civic hatchback with a d16a1 swap has zc cams in and I barely noticed a difference. You get a little more torque and your power band opens up from being between 6k-7k, open to about 55-75

awright3331

G1 TEG
Ill keep you in mind for that, ill see because I have to get tires, plugs and plug wires. Right now I have to get an OEM exhaust thats close to original, i have to swap my catalytic converter for the bolt up one instead of the universal cause the universal does not fit on the oem exhaust. And my entire exhaust system has holes in it all through out

enoch723

Tiy trying to pass emissions? Check your laws because in a lot of citys like mine once your car is 25 years old you dont need it tested and if you spend over 100$ in repairs you get a waiver. Thats what I did this last year and dont have to worry about emissions anymore

awright3331

G1 TEG
Tiy trying to pass emissions? Check your laws because in a lot of citys like mine once your car is 25 years old you dont need it tested and if you spend over 100$ in repairs you get a waiver. Thats what I did this last year and dont have to worry about emissions anymore
Nah, I just have to do the exaust so i have back pressure so I dont burn my valves out again like I did on my 91 civic

awright3331

G1 TEG
I found it in the pick n pull. Was an 89 teg that they had just put down

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk HD