what should I get to fix it?

• tps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • air thingy

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stevenc93

So my car idles at about 2500-2750 when its cold. When it warms up its at about 3000 or higher. There's a hose above the throttle that I can remove and plug and it drops the idle to normal but I don't want to drive a broken car. Does anyone know what it could be? I be heard that it could be my throttle position sensor or some air sensor. I'd like an idea other than replace both. Ones $50 and the other is &215. Please help

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
could be the TPS, but I would bet my $$$ that it is a clogged or sticking IACV (Idle Air Control Valve) this sits at the back of your intake manifold near the top. pull it off, shoot it with carb cleaner and get any gunk out. then report back.

LOL @ Air thingy

stevenc93

Is this legit or are you yanking our chains?
Its legit. My last car was a 87 Camaro. Much different from this so I'm kinda lost when I start working on it. I noticed earlier that the gasket under the tps is half gone. I'm wondering if that could be it...?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
There's a hose above the throttle that I can remove and plug and it drops the idle to normal but I don't want to drive a broken car.
^^ This is the fix. ^^

Im not sure why you think idling like normal makes it a broken car. A logical person would say the car idling at 3000 rpm is broken. :what:

stevenc93

Because in order for it to work I have to connect the his, start the car, then detach the hose. Otherwise it just does when I hit the gas. Its embarrassing having to open the good and tinker with it just to drive it

Muckman

Not a M0derator
connect the his? HOSE? That makes no sense. post a picture of your throttle body and where the hoses connect

stevenc93

I'm on my phone and it decided to change words. But yes I meant hose. I'll post pics in the morning.