Anyone around Arlington Texas or nearby who knows how to install a cat?

awright3331

G1 TEG
If there are any of you here in the Arlington/ Fort worth area who can install and weld a catalytic converter on a g1 teg, I dont have enough money for a shop to do it, I clamped my muffler on but have not welded, and if you have an extra 2" in 2" out pipe, id like to pay you something to weld the cat on, take a piece of exhaust pipe and delete the cherry bomb thing right behind the cat, and weld a pipe there that goes back and completes the hole exhaust system back to the muffler. Ill pay you when I can, we can trade numbers and ill text you when I have some money or all the money for you. please be experienced in welding these parts

Sammich

LMAO i'm sure any muffler shop can do it...it's not a difficult task for even a mediocre welder to do

enoch723

?.. why dont you bring it to a shop to get it welded. I would leave the glasspack and leave the cat off as well and just get the exhaust welded on. Should only be like 75 which will be about the same from someone on here..

awright3331

G1 TEG
?.. why dont you bring it to a shop to get it welded. I would leave the glasspack and leave the cat off as well and just get the exhaust welded on. Should only be like 75 which will be about the same from someone on here..
I cant get it inspected without that so im gonna delete the glass pack and just have it welded together with a pipe connecting the cat to the muffler and maybe put the muffler right behind the cat or cut it off where it curve at and have it go straight from the cat to the back of the car where the license plate is and just have two tips tacked on to the dual tip muffler that curve down so i dont burn my bumper

enoch723

Inspected for what? You dont need to pass smog or anything..

awright3331

G1 TEG
Inspected for what? You dont need to pass smog or anything..
Um yeah i do because I failed it when i got it inspected because of a hole in my exhaust, just like i have to have my power steering down here because if thats not there they fail my inspection

enoch723

Your car is over 25 years old though.. shouldnt even get tested because emissions are so strict now compared to what it was like when your car was made. Atleast thats how it is in washington. I dont have to take another emissions test again

awright3331

G1 TEG
Your car is over 25 years old though.. shouldnt even get tested because emissions are so strict now compared to what it was like when your car was made. Atleast thats how it is in washington. I dont have to take another emissions test again
That settles it i think i wanna move to washington now lol

xZachTheRipper8

what year is you car? im in ft worth and im certified inspector, you dont need you power steering to pass emissions and im sure you can find someone and pay them like 60 or 70 bucks for an inspection. i have plenty of friends with jdm swaps that get inspections, you just have to find the right place

awright3331

G1 TEG
what year is you car? im in ft worth and im certified inspector, you dont need you power steering to pass emissions and im sure you can find someone and pay them like 60 or 70 bucks for an inspection. i have plenty of friends with jdm swaps that get inspections, you just have to find the right place
89 acura integra

enoch723

Yeah I dont see how power steering has anything to do with emissions.. Maybe they are just checking that the pump isnt leaking. Either way its crap. They shouldnt even inspect carsover 20 years old simply from the fact that 90% of cars from early 90's werent ment to be emissions freindly

mr_malina

Did someone hack up your exhaust? The stock cat bolts in place and you can get OEM equivalent cats that blot in place.