rsx base to type s swap question!

chammond

I was wondering what is necessary for a type s swap on a base rsx. Im looking into buying one i.stead of a regular type s and want to be a little more i.nformed. Says engine, tranny and ecu were swapped. So an 94 rsxs engine in an 02 base rsx. Its for 6000. Would this be a good deal? I read something before on swaps here that you might need a better oil pump and maybe water pump? Im not too familiar with this stuff so any help is appreciated.

DeAngebro

Foster
i'm pretty sure that swap is pretty straightforward, just swap in the engine and tranny, swap ecu's, wire everything correctly and you should be good to go.
fyi, i think you were trying to say 04, not 94 in the op.

chammond

Yes i meant 04 lol. The thing is that the car already.has the swap and is for sale. Only 60k on the engine. Like 250k on chassisfor 6g. Sounds like a good deal to me or am I wrong? And all of which you states were done he said. Front end was wrecked before so its a salvage. Is this a good deal long as interior and exterior conditoon are ok?

whitedc4

Is the swap alone 6000??? That's a stupid price. Unless its the whole car thennn that is a little better. Those cars are really depreciating in value more and more every year. I've seen 04s with clear titles and tasteful mods for right at 6 grand.

whitedc4

Ah crap I just saw your reply.
If you can buy it for less I would try.
You won't be able to part it out for much
And the swap alone usually goes for 2000
So you will more than likely be taking a small loss

Swerve

Shawn
I say do it. Do some reaserch on Type S swaps and check out some RSX forums and read up on some builds. But thay sounds like a good price and a fun project.

chammond

the whole car is for 6000 black, tinted windows, a handful of aftermarket accessories. The only problem apparently is a dent on the driver door.

whitedc4

okay so i apparently misread your whole entire post or something. at first i thought you were asking how to do the swap, like as if you had a base rsx and were buying a donor car to do a swap.

but now i see what you're saying.

i'm sure the body is going to have some wear and tear from 240k miles but i guess if the motor checks to be sound and it doesnt ride like a wagon then it's probably worth the money.

chammond

Yes you can pass you just have to get it bard. You re in sac? You should come out to the meet this thursday
What is bard? He has the paperwork showing the engine is from a donor from BAR if thats what u meant? I dont live in sac but the car is in sac i live like 40min down south

Edit: he sayyyys hes a mechanic but u can only believe someone u dont know so much

Last edited: