89 integra help...

awright3331

G1 TEG
same problem weve been having

1989 acura integra will fire but not stay running, upon going down the road it will pop out and die. Replaced fuel filter, fuel injectors, distributor cap, plugs and plug wires. Now will sit and crank and stall out, will not fire right away, takes a few minutes for it to fire, when trying to drive the car it will back fire and die. Had main relay checked, and replaced all fuses and relays aside from the main relay. We are thinking either fuel pump or distributor any help with this problem will be appreciated

[YOUTUBE="l33n-jA6C0A"]l33n-jA6C0A[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

enoch723

Sounds almost like somewhere along the line its not getting enough fuel. Seems fine when your giving it gas..

check the main relay. I know the g1's have a big problem with the main relays going out

awright3331

G1 TEG
Sounds almost like somewhere along the line its not getting enough fuel. Seems fine when your giving it gas..

check the main relay. I know the g1's have a big problem with the main relays going out
If the main relay is out wouldnt the check engine light stay on longer when the ignition is turned on?

How would i check that?

enoch723

Not always for some reason the main relays in our cars only have certain parts go out. I have seen the fuel pump for some reason being the biggest problem. Your gunna have to find it behind your fuse box and bring it to oreillys or autozone and have them check it.
People think if a relay clicks then it works which is usually right. but some of the bigger ones have several "switchs" in them and certain parts of them can fail while other parts work fine. Which can make it so you dont throw a check engine light.

Not saying the main relay is the problem, I just know the g1's have a lot of problems with fuel delivery around 150-200k miles and its normally the main relay went out

awright3331

G1 TEG
Not always for some reason the main relays in our cars only have certain parts go out. I have seen the fuel pump for some reason being the biggest problem. Your gunna have to find it behind your fuse box and bring it to oreillys or autozone and have them check it.
People think if a relay clicks then it works which is usually right. but some of the bigger ones have several "switchs" in them and certain parts of them can fail while other parts work fine. Which can make it so you dont throw a check engine light.

Not saying the main relay is the problem, I just know the g1's have a lot of problems with fuel delivery around 150-200k miles and its normally the main relay went out
orielly cant test the relay, nor autozone, im at a loss here. ill just get one from the junkyard, cause im going to the junk yard for a fuel pump, and a dizzy, gonna get the relay to