HID help..

fastshadow171

ok so figured i would post up and see if i can get some help. didnt see much in search..

ok so basically i bought a hid xtra 6k 35w hid kit. i used this same kit on my last car for 4 years no issues so decided to get same kit. well i hooked up last night and worked fine and this morning worked fine then about 10 mins from work. my passenger side went out. so checked when i got home replaced fuse because it blew a fuse. and turned lights on blew fuse agian did this process 3 times more and blew every fused when i turned on lights. so i replaced fuse agian and put oem lights back in and works fine..

anyone know what would cause this? would a bad ballast do this? i called them and they are sending me a new ballast cause they said that might be issue. so hopefully that works.

fastshadow171

well i want to but i dont have any more fuses. so i dont want to blow my headlight fuse agian. will try that tomorrow already though about it lol. just have to drive to work tomorrow so need headlights lol. but wanted to see if it could be anything else. i already have a new ballast on the way company was pretty cool about it. they said probally the ballast.

1caintegra

type-s and the RS
With my xenon 6k kit. I use a bigger size fuse, I've blown a couple fuse over the years.

fastshadow171

yea it uses a 10.. so i put a 20 in it and still blew it. so idk what could cause it. im going to get some more fuses tomorrow. and im going to trouble shoot the ballast see if it is for sure the ballast and switch them around. lucky the company was really cool about it and is sending out a new ballast. said that is most likely what it was.

Swerve

Shawn
There could be stripped wires that are touching behind the lights

taj112

get a DDM Tuning kit, get the 55w set
problem solved

and btw, does anyone know what HID bulb will fit these ebay fog lights?

TheSkygun

Ddmtuning is good but if its a wiring problem them the problem won't be fixed.
And to your fogs, none. There isn't room for them unless you modify the housing.

taj112

Ddmtuning is good but if its a wiring problem them the problem won't be fixed.
And to your fogs, none. There isn't room for them unless you modify the housing.
i plan on modifying the housing, but which bulb should i use? i was told a HID 9006 bulb will work fine, but would another bulb be more ideal for the fit?

TheSkygun

I'd search around the other forums and Goole for that. I don't really remember. I wanna say like a d2s

Physh1

Sounds like the factory harness can't handle your HID's. There are relay kits available to hook your HID's power directly to the battery & a relay setup that uses your stock bulb harness as a on/off trigger. I'd do that...just using a larger fuse on a circuit that is readily blowing fuses is asking for trouble.

Cameron

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
With my xenon 6k kit. I use a bigger size fuse, I've blown a couple fuse over the years.
Do this if you want to burn your wiring, or your whole car.

Probably something messed up in the ballast. Sometimes you get lucky and get ones that last forever, sometimes you get DOA's. For perspective, in two cars I've had one ballast fail in 5 years; my brother's had six fail in the past two. These things aren't really made with any quality control.

TheSkygun

I have owned three ballasts in two years, two from ddm tuning that work great and one pair from Philips that the wire to the bulbs just split in two. So just canes down to being unlucky at times

fastshadow171

thanks for the help guys hopefully the new ballast will help. going to get some fuses tonight and test both ballast. but i owned hid xtra for my tc when i had it and had it for 3+ years ballast never failed on me so hopeing thats all lol.