Factory Radio

david1989

Does anyone know how to remove the factory radio??
My cassette starting smoking and eventually got stuck inside. So i was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the radio. Thanks you

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
There are two screws in the back of the stereo behind the dash that you have to loosen for the deck to come out, if I remember correctly

david1989

I was attempting to remove the screws by where my legs would be on both the drivers side and the passengers side. but that required me to remove the part where the brake is places as well. you think you can give me that step by step. i would greatly appreciate it,

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Yeah, it's easier to remove the center console up to the stereo... There are some screws in the back of the armrest, then two more by the seatbelts, also remove the cover under the ebrake handle and you'll see two more screws, two screws at the back of the panel by where your feet are, then pull out the ashtray and there are THREE screws in there, and I believe that's it, but it's been like 3 years since I had to do this

Baby Ollie

Pokemon Master
You're just talking about the head-unit, correct?

I installed an aftermarket one earlier this year. I think I still have the Crutchfield direction somewhere. I can scan them for you after work if you'd like.

erikfw

pull the centre consol out and reach in directly behind the headunit
there should be 2 screws

i did it about a year ago and im pretty sure thats how it comes out