1987 RS project

schnazychazy

So I've never shown any pictures of my 1987 Acura Integra RS because well...she's not the prettiest thing in the world. As I told you guys a while ago I'm attending a trade school for auto-body mechanics and she is my senior project. I'll be repairing the body and then eventually repainting it either a matte black or while. This is the first time I've ever posted pictures on here of her so enjoy! I'll continue to update the project on the projects and builds forum. http://s1059.photobucket.com/albums/t423/schnazychazy/

schnazychazy

Thank you, she's been a piece of work so far...nearly every bolt and screw we pull out is rusted to hell, and I just found out today we'll more than likely have to replace the floor boards because they're rusted out

R13

The other asshole
No problem, just copy/paste the code for the pics and they'll pop up.

Goodluck. :)

awright3331

G1 TEG
Not bad dude. Not bad at all. Might I ask what you have planned for that car? Its just cosmetics and shit like that, kinda wish my car had that but I bought it as a 1 owner car

schnazychazy

Not bad dude. Not bad at all. Might I ask what you have planned for that car? Its just cosmetics and s*** like that, kinda wish my car had that but I bought it as a 1 owner car
Well for now my main goal is to take all the rust off and repaint it nothing major, I want to get some upgrades for the engine but it being a DA16 there isn't much to be seen as far as performance. Working on the body is what I'm mainly worried about

Jayteg

Lucky you, sadly the guy who last owned this was from Massachusetts and he lived near the ocean so lots of salts and water got up in the wheel wells
That explains everything, I got mine from Birmingham Alabama. It's been broke down 10 years lol.

enoch723

Wow man.. pretty rough but definitely worth doing. How about the trunk under the carpet? REALLY common rust area of the g1's. Mine had a little there but other then its rust free. I ended up taking a wire brush and getting the rust off then did a cheap rhino liner knock off. Worth doing. How many miles you got?

schnazychazy

Wow man.. pretty rough but definitely worth doing. How about the trunk under the carpet? REALLY common rust area of the g1's. Mine had a little there but other then its rust free. I ended up taking a wire brush and getting the rust off then did a cheap rhino liner knock off. Worth doing. How many miles you got?
haha you're telling me, the whole thing is pretty much rusted besides the doors, roof and trunk. Both of the bumper supports had to be torched off, she's got 124k miles, lots of life left in her once I restore her.

87Teg

D16A1 bone stock
Just got a first gen home similar to yours. It was owned by an old man who couldnt drive anymore and let the car sit in a garage since 2001. I bought the car for $500 but I felt it was well worth it. The interior and body is in really good shape. About 137,xxx miles. Bottom is rusted pretty badly and bottom of the wheel well drivers side and other areas that are easy fixes. Worst part is floors. Nice project though mine is a red 87 RS as well.

enoch723

haha you're telling me, the whole thing is pretty much rusted besides the doors, roof and trunk. Both of the bumper supports had to be torched off, she's got 124k miles, lots of life left in her once I restore her.
Holy shit bro!! that engine barely broke in. Lol. Wow. fuck the rust dude, make sure running wise everything is working and then its easy sailing from there. I got about 185 and have only had simple running issues so far and mine was abused at the track and left on the farm a year or so before I got it.