1988 Acura Integra/Main Relay/Engine dying

Kat

I bought a 1st generation Acura Integra from its original owner about 3 months ago. The car just got me from Salt Lake City to Houston recently. I have all of the service records, including every single oil change the previous owner did dating back to the very first oil change in 88. The car is completely stock. Recently, I've been having a problem with the engine cutting out while I'm driving. This seems to mostly happen when I'm coasting along, not pressing the accelerator with my foot. The RPM gauge will bounce around, and the car will die. It starts back up immediately. My first thought was that maybe the timing belt slipped off a tooth, I just had it replaced while on my road trip. The shop I took it to said it was probably the main relay, so I went ahead and ordered the part and had that replaced, the next day the car was still cutting out. Having a car that cuts out on the roads of Houston is hardly ideal. I am a huge fan of this car, I want to keep it well maintained and learn more about it. Just hoping someone can offer some suggestions or have an idea of what the problem could be. I figured doing some research before going back was a good idea.

*DA3*

thats sounds like he main relay. have it check because sometimes you may get a defected relay. because i had the same problem before and i had to change the main relay.

bowhunt2005

Hi, new to this forum and just bought an 87 integra. Every once in awhile the fuel pump doesn't prime when turning on the ignition. After a couple tries it then engages. Does this also sound like the main relay or the fuelpump itself? Thanks for any info and help