y r my gears grinding

omgherb

93 Rs Looking ITs best
i have a 93 integra cable trans i recently change my clutch in my car. when putting back together the rear motor mount i only place 1 bolt to the motor so in other words i have 1 bolt holding my motor in the rear, a friend told me the reason his car grinds gear is because of his motor mount. i recently started to grind 1st into 2nd at about 8rpm when i shifting into the next gear this just started to happen. 3rd gear started to grind before replacing the clutch. the bearing inside the trans was broken but when i replace everything it still grind 2nd into 3rd after i get to about 2500rpm when i shift. when at lower rpm my gears would not grind can anyone help me.

Last edited:

Kamikaze™

Blk Dude™
you power-shifting? I know a friend that blew a ITR (yes ITR) tranny by power-shifting. So if you are doing that, might just be the tranny going bad. Or have you changed the tranny fluid in it? Might wanna try doing that with some synchro mesh first to see if that clears it up...

spikehairboy

Non-Registered User
your grammar sucks ass. =o

try putting sychromesh or try to rebuild lol

omgherb

93 Rs Looking ITs best
yea i do power shift from time to time but i stop cause of these problems im going replace the tran but first

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol, wow... that was hard to read.

maybe put the other bolt back in? lol That might do something if your buddy says so.