WTF another DIZZY blows on my ls

Spicy Hot LS

ok info its a 94 acura integra with a bone stock b18b motor only thing on it is a ram air intake. nothing crazy. back in sept her car shut off and had no spark. we put in a new dizzy it started right up set the timing to oem specs and it ran great. then on sunday it shut off on her and same thing no spark. went back to the company and they told me its over 30 days so they can't do anythign about it. so i ordered another one from a company that i ordered my dizzy from for my b16 swap i had in my civic. got it in the mail yesterday put it in started right up no problem. set the timing to oem specs drove it for about 20 mins and then the tach started going crazy i was about 2000 rpms or so and it was jumping up and down over and over again then the car died again no spark. What could it be that is causing this problem?? please help me out here

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Cam position sensor/crank sensor?

It's part of the dizzy and if the car doesn't know what stroke it's on, it's not going to dump spark.

Spicy Hot LS

well my hubby found the problem! it was the wiring harness. the clip that goes into the dizzy must of broke off some how and he pushed it in and now it is working perfectly but we need to do something about the harness so for now its going to have to be zip tied until we can get another harness. thanks for the reply

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
distributor
It's hott that you're smart about cars.... only cars. lol

Get a new harness from a junk yard.. I'm sure you could find one and it would some how disappear off the car.......... lol