Would you buy this teg? Its been in a wreck.

Carl_James

I found a black 97 teg. The kids asking 6500 without me finageling yet.
* GS model with a jdm gsr motor and tranny w/ lsd.
* Black leather interior from a 00 gsr.
* Only 66k on the clock and 30 something on the new motor
* type-r cams and pistons w/ obd1.
* New rings, timing belt.
* I/H/E
* Full coilover setup
* 15" black rota slips w/ new kumhos.
* 98 front bumper w/ type-r lip.
* Type-r wing, tail lights and gauge cluster.
* Sound system, alarm and remote start.

My concern is the branded title. The kid hit a drunk driver that pulled out in front of him going 30ish, air bags deployed. The drunkies insurance covered all the repairs, new motor and front bumper. The work was done at a local autobody/performance shop.

The car has everything I would want except maybe a rear lip, camber kit and chip/tuning. I just don't know if i should bother with a car that's been damaged in a wreck. What do you guys think? Get it or don't waste my time and $$$?

Thanks,
-Carl

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
no. Personaly, Id Never buy a car thats been wrecked. but if you want it, Low ball him. Its been wrecked, its not worth that much. I can find ones around here with more and better mods with a clean title for less money

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
No! Wrecked car for $6500 is no good.

Previously wrecked cars generally have lots of problems. Plus that is a steep price for a car with a dirty title

Sleeper

My '97 teg has a rebuit title. I have owned it for almost 2 years, drove it everyday and I never once had a problem with it. Only thing I had to do was get a new battery, spark plugs and plug wires.

I dont think it should be worth that much though... Like said before, low ball him, he should go down on the price.

Also make sure you look it over to make sure there isnt any crumpled metal. Its a pain in the ass to fix.

kcombs

GS=goes slow
no. Personaly, Id Never buy a car thats been wrecked. but if you want it, Low ball him. Its been wrecked, its not worth that much. I can find ones around here with more and better mods with a clean title for less money
x2 i don't buy cars that have been wrecked

but if you want it offer him low.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
here in atlanta its hard to find a nice car at a good price that HASNT been wrecked. so that offer sounds a little better to me than most. but 6500 is high. umm, lowball and if all the mosd hes done add up to abou what hes willin to take off cause its been wrecked, then it might just be worth it. my teg was arecked, and i havent had any problems. i didnt know at the time, but on further inspection Months after i bought it i realized. if its hard to tell that its been wrecked, then its probably ok...but thats one guys opinon. sorry to write a novel...

end005

Perhaps is a superstition, but superstition or not, i've experienced it. Once a car gets into an accident, it keeps on getting into accidents.

I'd never buy that car. I'd never buy a car that has been in an accident. True story: I almost bought a 93 Aztec Green GSR. It was flawless, no rust, in perfect condition. Found out he hit a deer, front driver side fender got messed up but repaired to look original. Even that, i didn't buy.

For 6500, you can find a clean titled car. But then agian, how much is that car worth to you?

Winki

Undercover mod
car sounds nice but for 6500 no way. you can find just as nice if not better for same price and not wrecked before

jdmseng

I &lt;3 B18c1's and c5's.
salvage title bad! when i bought mine, the first thing i asked was if it had ever been in accident. and for 6500? dont do it bro. keep us posted if you did or didnt buy it.

Darrell

Not no, but hell no. When you buy a wreck, you only ask for more problems. No matter how much the seller swears it's all good - it was still wrecked. Better safe than sorry, find something else.