won't start pls help

nwa562

today i just got my 87 LS yesterday night it had and idle problem. it would start fine but after it warmed up the revolutions would go up and down by itself. today when i got to it it turned on the same but after it warmed up it didn't idle it just died on its own i start to turn it on but now it just cranks spark plugs work fine what can the problem be. need this car by the end of this month.
pls. help im new to integras cant lagg it with this problem

konerri

is there any check engine lights? unstable rpm issues are most likely an idle air control valve(iacv) problem. This valve regulates the amount of air to your engine when it is idling.

Make sure you can hear the fuel pump prim when you first turn the key to the on position. if you don't then the pump is out or the fuse for the pump is out.

nwa562

theres no light but im do wht u said and see wht happens and ill get back with yall later on today

dc4bryan

check the fuel line cuz if its clogged it'll crank fine and it just wont be giving gas through the fuel line. try burning it all out

nwa562

i just checked the fuel filter i got a new one since i was looking at it i got a fuel regulator for cheap. fuel pump works, sparks work the book said to check the return line for gas that it would return a certain amount but it didn't return anything but i dont think its that i tryed to check the main relay but i couldn't figure it out ima check a difrent way and also do u think its the ecu can any one help its starting to give me a head ace

nwa562

it runs now thank everyone btu theres a slight idle problem real suddle wht can it be i had to change fuel pressure regualter and fuel filter since i was by there lol