wiring issue

2quickk

1990 wiring problem

The RPM and MPH gauge do not work and the gauge cluster lights wont turn on niether, but everything else on the gauge cluster does work. The car turned over before and idled, but now it wont turn over at all.I checked the fuses i removed the cluster. Directly behind the cluster there was a piece which i believe adapts to a speedo cable, not sure, and there was nothing attached to it. So maybe thats my problem, im not sure if i need a new gauge cluster or not yet. But now that i connected the cluster back together(untill i purchase another one) the car wont crank over. I checked the battery cables & fuses and everything is good. My head lights wont turn on anymore either. When the key is on the ON position my CEL turns on then off like it should(like when you are about to start your car). Then I press on the brakes and the temperature gauge goes all the way to HOT but only when i press on the brakes??why would it do that??

Before, when the car turned on, i did have a CEL but my ecu wouldnt throw any codes? I had the alternator replaced the day i discovered this issue(about the car not wanting to crank over anymore) because it needed a new alternator anyway. When it did turn on, at first, it would idle up and down for a minute or so then eventually it would idle smoothly. The intake manifold needs a lot of the vaccume ports capped off which i will be capping off today. It also has an exhaust leak which i will fix as soon as i get my car running!
Any help please i'd really appreciate it, I want to start driving my integra to see how a jdm b16 tranny feels!
Im hoping its not a major issue:???:

thanks!

Last edited:

301integra92

man i have the same problem i dont get it i have tried everything. go look at my thread and see what you think