Will my aftermarket parts work if I do an Ls/Vtec ?

importknight

if i have header, exhaust ,and an intake on my 94 ls will these still fit if i were to do a ls/vtec conversion.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
importknight said:
if i have header, exhaust ,and an intake on my 94 ls will these still fit if i were to do a ls/vtec conversion.
Intake will not work if you use a GSR Head!

importknight

yea but what about the header cause some of them say non vtec and if i put that head then its pretty much a vtec

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
importknight said:
yea but what about the header cause some of them say non vtec and if i put that head then its pretty much a vtec
they may not be the best performance wise, but they will fit

see I was told that B18 are taller that B16 so a B16 header will not fit a 1.8 so thats the difference in those headers!

Not A GSR and ls/type-r also are different, 94-98 (may be wrong about the year ending) GSR headers are either longer or shorter then the LS/type-r , where the header meets the Cat!

Baldy201

obd1kenobi said:
they may not be the best performance wise, but they will fit

see I was told that B18 are taller that B16 so a B16 header will not fit a 1.8 so thats the difference in those headers!

Not A GSR and ls/type-r also are different, 94-98 (may be wrong about the year ending) GSR headers are either longer or shorter then the LS/type-r , where the header meets the Cat!

All the B18 headers are the same besides length. you are also right that the GSR headers are shorter than the LS/Type R headers. but if you have the same exhaust setup they will work with any B18 engine.

And that is right I did say that the Type R header was the same as all the rest. The aftermarket headers are all the same.