Will it pass smog

DA3666

hi everybody im new to the forum and to the import scene. i just got my 90 integra ls bout 8 months ago and the motor blew on me so i got a 92 which i know is a OBD1 but i was wondering if i down grade it to OBD0 will it pass smog. thanks for any info you guys can give.

acclude

cheap bastard
A few ???"s

Why would you downgrade it to OBD0?

Is there a different motor in the car than what came with it?

Have you done any exhaust or cat changes?

Your question isn't something any of us can give a definite yes or no to. It depends on many factors we cannot acurately judge on the forum.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I think he is concerned that his car is OBD0 but the new motor is OBD1. From what I've heard about CA smog tests, it's ok to upgrade to a newer engine but not to an older one.

acclude

cheap bastard
Ah, saw that he did put a newer motor in it. I agree that I don't think that's gonna be an issue passing smog....unless the motor has some running issues or exhaust changes that would keep it from passing.

If you can, Keep it OBD1.

DA3666

ya i meant that if i was to run the 92(OBD1) motor as a OBD0 will it pass smog as if its my old 90 motor cuz i know that you only need to use a OBD0 dizzy and use a 90-91 header and then the 92 is ganna run just the same as the 90 motor except for the extra 10 HP.