why is it hard to put in gear?

DC2 Racer

this all happen yesterday... while i was driving.. it was hard to pop in gear..i knew it wasnt normal.. n today.. it drive fine.. but when im in a higher gear.. n i down shift to 4... or 4 to 3.. it hard to pop n gear.. why?? is it my clutch?? tranny?? clutch master cylinder?? can anyone help plz?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
most likely something in the hydraulic system. check the fluid level and check for leaks in hard lines. the clutch master cylinder could be causing it as well. But you should be able to notice the lower pressure on the pedal if its leaking or bad. if you pump the clutch pedal a few times does it go into gear easily?

CHILD

all day all JDM
its tha clutch homie. you're pushin' a 94 teggy....its tha clutch.....a good clutch would engage easy from any RPM, when they get bad, its hard to shift at higher rpms

sonicvybe

new driver
CHILD said:
its tha clutch homie. you're pushin' a 94 teggy....its tha clutch.....a good clutch would engage easy from any RPM, when they get bad, its hard to shift at higher rpms
fuck now im beginning to think i have the same problem ..just learnin to drive manual..but sometimes i wander why it doesnt seem to be goin into gear so easy... :x cud jus be me..hahah

DC2 Racer

under the clutch pedal.. their seem to be a leak... could that be causing the problem?? maybe.. no presure into the cluthc?

CHILD

all day all JDM
yeah that could def. be a problem.....go ahead and take a peak at the clutch master cylinder like dc2GS-R was saying. you might be having a different problem that what i thought. leaks are never good

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
DC2 Racer said:
under the clutch pedal.. their seem to be a leak... could that be causing the problem?? maybe.. no presure into the cluthc?
it will DEFINITELY cause a problem with engagement!!! probably a leak. when my clutch went out it shifted fine just slipped like a bitch. if you see a leak then its most likely the culprit. again.....pump your clutch pedal a few times then stick into gear. if it has a small leak it will still push enough pressure to go into gear just fine when you do this. it just won't hold that pressure for long because its leaking it out. but thats a sure sign of a hydraulic leak

Last edited:

sonicvybe

new driver
JDM_Conv3rsion said:
maybe you should push the clutch all the way in! lol
JDM_Conv3rsion is right...you need to push the clutch in to change the gears if its a manuyal..if that doesnt work then just do a search.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
sonicvybe said:
JDM_Conv3rsion is right...you need to push the clutch in to change the gears if its a manuyal..if that doesnt work then just do a search.
if he's been driving stick all this time and he doesn't know that by now, then i think he has a bigger problem to worry about.