which turbo kit?

96 LS

im looking forward to boosting in the future. my only implication is that i cant decide between kits. the two that i am looking at are the drag stage 3 and the greddy kit. id bet the drag kit would make more power, but the greddy kit is 50 state legal. does anyone know any pros/cons about either kit? thanks a lot

drag
greddy

Last edited:

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Both of them are upgradeable is all more of,what kind of tuning sofware im goin to use, engine internal more than what kit is gonna make more hp,

Shea

well now...
what cabezzzdb8 said and the drag kit will probably make more power but the greddy kit will make more power quicker, so its basically shit loads of horsepower but a turbo that spools at 5800 RPMs or streetable reasonable HP number (but still kick ass) with a turbo that spools at 4000 RPMs or less...so my vote is for the greddy kit

96 LS

here are some newbie questions..what kind of engine management am i going to need to boost? basically what are all the things that need to be covered?

Shea

well now...
imo, AEM EMS is the best for engine management, difficult to tune but best bang for the buck

as for all the necessities of boosting check out the forced induction forum, tons of info. there, good luck with the project

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
once you upgrade the greddy, BOV, FMIC, anything like that no longer 50 state legal

96 LS

g3teg97 said:
Do you have inspections where you're located?
uhhhhh....maybe? whos in MD? jeez i sound like a f*ckin jackass

slow_99integra, u in md right? inspections? btw how do you like that blower? kinda considering one of them bad boys

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
96 LS said:
uhhhhh....maybe? whos in MD? jeez i sound like a f*ckin jackass

slow_99integra, u in md right? inspections? btw how do you like that blower? kinda considering one of them bad boys
yea i live in md.... when you first get your car it must be inspected. Only 1 time while you live in the state.....BUT you need to get emissions tested every 2 years.....

Emissions Loop Holes
1. historic tags
2. Drive less than 5000 miles a year
3. track car only
4. vehicle too low to make it over the rollers(treadmill)

they can fail you and take away your registration if your emmissions are too high. I got a 2 year waiver because my teg was too low.

The blower is great, i love it....More boost is always better, and the FMU is terrible. Way too much fuel is added. So if you get a blower do a hondata or uberdata ASAP.

96 LS

nice so i guess my car has already been inspected. when i took the car to emmisions, they didnt perform the treadmill...and they passed me. how come?

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
They took a reading from your ECU. 1996 and newer have the OBD2 as opposed to the OBD1 that 1995 and older have. If your car is lowered and cannot get over the treadmill, regardless of age they will give you a waiver. your car passed because they plugged your ecu. the obd1 have to go on the treadmill.

What part of Md are you from. i live in eldersburg...(carroll county)

UNDERGROUNDAUTO

full race has the best kit on the market hands down!
next would be peak boost, & then revhard
I would def go with a revhard kit over a drag kit any day! the revhard kit uses better components & makes more power per # of boost at the same price tag :D

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
or you can build your own for way less check this out LINKY pretty good read and i know a couple of members are lookin to build their own kits this is a good starter to know what your getting into