Where is engine block coolant drain bolt!?

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
i have the manual to radiator but it has a retarded picture of swiggly lines of where the engine drain bolt is. i know your suppose to loosen both the engine drain bolt and the radiators. can anyone show me a picture of where it is? its not the same as the bleed bolt is it?

PogKai

B20VTEC
is in the front of the block, behind the header/manifold. is a big nut, cant miss it.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
So your saying you want to know where the drain bolt is that drains the coolant from the block?

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
yeah but i got it. lol. forgot to post up that i got it. figures out that i have a bad thermostat. cant reach the bolt under the hose though.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
lol. i hate the spot where the thermostat is located! i just changed it. figures out that it wasnt working correctly and was clogged of some sort. now my car runs smoother with no overheating. life is good. 8)

steelies_ftw

JDM_Conv3rsion said:
lol. i hate the spot where the thermostat is located! i just changed it. figures out that it wasnt working correctly and was clogged of some sort. now my car runs smoother with no overheating. life is good. 8)

did u ever use anything to stop a leak in ur radiator... cuz i used some wierd stuff that i used to stop my radiator from leaking and it stopped the leak but then when i went to rebuild my bottom end it looked ilke someone had thrown up in my radiator channel... anywho thats just great

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
im not sure if it ever leaked. i believe that the hoses werent sending enough coolant to the radiator. something was wrong with the thermostat that's all.