Wheel Alignment!?!?

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Cheapest worldwide place to get an alignment?
Firestone - 75.00 one time 130 - life time
GoodYear - 69.99 6 months

Anyone else have any suggestions. When I worked at my uncles he got alignments at firestone for 30 bucks for lifetime because they know each other, obviously that isn't like that anymore for me

H2BDA9

les schwab. 65$ for 4 wheel thrust angle alignment. got one done almost 2 years ago and my car wears tires like a stock auto toyota camry....

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I personally don't like going to Firestone/Goodyear for alignments. They give you the lifetime offer because they're going to fuck up so you'll have to keep coming back. I've never heard any good reviews from Firestone. I don't know anyone who has gone to Goodyear for an alignment, so I can't really say anything about them.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
I personally don't like going to Firestone/Goodyear for alignments. They give you the lifetime offer because they're going to fuck up so you'll have to keep coming back. I've never heard any good reviews from Firestone. I don't know anyone who has gone to Goodyear for an alignment, so I can't really say anything about them.
yeah my dad had to go back like 4 times in one year with his truck and then decided to get it done somewhere else.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
an alignment is only as good as the person who does it and the machine hes working on. im kinda screwed cause i threw mine away.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
well what if I decide to do it myself. How do I do the camber and the other one, I obviously know how to do the toe. I could just eye it or wait until the wheel goes straight lol. I did it on my cavalier but thats because it went out of alignment every week because of a bent underframe. but thats a different story lol

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
you need a camber gauge. i've set toe with a tape measure before as a temp fix.

royalpurpleda9

royalpurpleda9
Dam talk about ghetto,even though you think the wheels straight your tires are going to wear because the alignment machine takes precise measurements.It all depends on who does the alignment,whether or not the tech is unexperienced or not!!! point.BLANK>>>

AForceOneRacing

you need a camber gauge. i've set toe with a tape measure before as a temp fix.
Do it yourself. Use a tape measure to measure front / rear wheel base at outside of tire. Adjust tie rod, measure, adjust, measure, etc, etc. We do it just about every weekend at the track for the fronts.

Does anyone know how to do rears? I want to open my back end tire stance up and make it ass loose.

Any ideas?

AForceOneRacing

Do it yourself. Use a tape measure to measure front / rear wheel base at outside of tire. Adjust tie rod, measure, adjust, measure, etc, etc. We do it just about every weekend at the track for the fronts.

Does anyone know how to do rears? I want to open my back end tire stance up and make it ass loose.

Any ideas?
Oh, and for your camber. A good eyeballer measure is the washer/bolt string test. It isn't perfect, but tie a bolt/fishing weight/whatever to a string and hold the unweighted end of the string to the top edge of the wheel, then drop the weight. Look at it and it should give you a measurement to start from.