What will my head fit on.

d16a1zc

I hve 89 teg ls with d16a1 block with a dohc head . The engine recently lost a rod and now i need a new short block.I was searching round on here and didn't see anything that had info on this I was wondering what my head will fit on. I was told i won't fit on everything. I just want to know for sure.

asdfg68plus1

Sorry to kinda thread jack, but I am kinda in the same situation. Would using a ZC block give any gains in performance or anything of the sort?

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
ok let me clear things up, the ZC DOHC head cant be used on any other block besides that block, because the head bolts don't line up. There are right up that you can find on :google: on how to do this but its a waste of time and money in IMO, with the end result being you end up with no gains whats so ever. What i suggest is getting either get the motor rebuilt or finding a replacement, they are not that expensive in JDM importers websites last time i checked and a lot more reliable.

j13

Keep It Clean
you'll need a ZC block nuff said. i dont know if the blocks are the same for the dohc head or the sohc head. Honda failed when disigning this engine. nothing fits on the b-series nor any other engine, and no power.

d16a1zc

i just got a zc and another a1 so im set now.