What Tranny Should I get for my LS

DOHCtor88

Anti-Drag racing crew #07
My Automatic Tranny is about to blow out on me and now its time for me to convert my car to a stick.. What tranny should i get, LS MT Tranny or an b16 MT tranny ?

Winki

Undercover mod
If you can get a good deal on the B16 GO FOR IT. short gears are great for all motor. it'll make your accelration a bit quicker. if you can't get the B16 get a GSR

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Dont get the B16, that tranny is pretty weak if youre going to start modding your car as in boost, if not the b16 tranny will be fine, and better b/c of the shorter ratios= better acceleration, but you 5 gear will be alot shorter that the LS one, meaning cruising at 65 on the interstate your rpm will be at around 3500 rpm and 80 mph will be at 4500 rpm, if youre cool with that then 8)

DOHCtor88

Hnnm, the b16 would be on high rev and alot of shifting if i cruise the mountains.. Maybe i should go for an GSR tranny...

Winki

Undercover mod
SlammedCivic said:
I would go for a B16 with an LS fifth ;)
5th would bogg so bad, if you ever go vtec you would drop out if you had to use it in a race.
If you don't want something a short as a b16 go GSR. nice medium :) . it would still make your car quicker than any LS

Winki

Undercover mod
Ominous G2 said:
I'm not sure if they make any, but a different final would be perfect for that.
tru, but to buy the tranny and the final. could be a little costly.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
LS transmissions arent usually too expensive. All the vtec trannies can be.

Keeping my LS trans, and throwing in new synchros and LSD.

DOHCtor88

Okay, i made up my mind and imma go with the b16 tranny.. Does anyone know where i can get all the accessory i need to convert my car to manual, like the clutch, the manual ecu so it wont be reading automatic...

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Best bet would be to find a wrecked one, so you can get all the parts in one shot.
I would sell you my ECU but I need it for my OBD1 conversion.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
you actually dont need a manul ecu my boy conveted his 94 accord wagon to stick cause it blew up so he put a h23 motor and tranny off a 93 prelude in it and the auto one works fine he said .... ill email him and ask him to post up on here