What do I need to put vtec in my car?

FiberOptixx

I have a 92 integra, and I was wondering if someone can tell me what all I need to have for vtec?

Last edited:

19IntegraLS92

Integra Newbie
You guys are mean.. Just a simple person looking for answers.. I would be interested also in the vtec conversion. I did do a search and u can't really find anything.

slammedteg94

Basically the swap you want to do is called "LS/VTEC" (LS bottom end with a VTEC head), most people go with a B16A head. Only problem is, if the bottom end has 200K+ miles on it, and you throw a new(er) head on it, then beat the shit out of it (VTEC in every gear, etc), the bottom end won't hold up. This gives LS/VTEC builds a bad name.

My recommendation is this - if you don't have the time/money to do it properly (which would be rebuilding/beefing up the bottom end of the LS block), then just go with a complete B16A swap. Yes its more expensive but it will be more reliable for you then just slapping a VTEC head on it.

slammedteg94

Basically the swap you want to do is called "LS/VTEC" (LS bottom end with a VTEC head), most people go with a B16A head. Only problem is, if the bottom end has 200K+ miles on it, and you throw a new(er) head on it, then beat the shit out of it (VTEC in every gear, etc), the bottom end won't hold up. This gives LS/VTEC builds a bad name.

My recommendation is this - if you don't have the time/money to do it properly (which would be rebuilding/beefing up the bottom end of the LS block), then just go with a complete B16A swap. Yes its more expensive but it will be more reliable for you then just slapping a VTEC head on it.

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
I love my VTECH... One of the best house phones i've ever had.
x2 on the the 3rd ring the secondary speaker opens up and the crossover is mean as hell : ring,ring,ring....RIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!