weird noise

adio2dc

I have a b16a in a 93 integra when I step in the clucth it makes a weird noise and when I step off it doesn't make the noise any more and another thing my light are on when I turn on the car with out me turning the light switch any answers ???

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
well is there a problem with your light turning on when your car in on? Your clutch makes noise when you push it in... its probably rubbing on something

adio2dc

My bumper lights and back lights turn on when I turn the key but the light switch is on off wut can it be ? And wut can I do to turn them off

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Yeah... Change the clutch, you have to take out trans to do the clutch anyway... I am not sure if intergras have it but maybe DRL is finally working on your integra... if not you probably have a short in your system. I wouldn't think too bad of your lights being on until it finally craps out because those kind of shorts are a real bitch to find. Change your clutch though along with the bearing and stuff if its really that bad of a sound

adio2dc

Wuts DRL man if its a short where can I start looking for it @

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Well the short could be anywhere.. but I would start from your switch in the column and go from there... its a long trail of wires dude and they're all taped out... so I would just let it go until it all stops working then track it... if anything change your switch real quick and see if that helps. If not return the switch but make sure you can return the switch from which you bought it.. like advance or autozone. and DRL stands for day time running lights... Some cars have this as they turn on the side markers, and some turn the headlights on(but they are dim) My cavalier has the feature where when I drive the light stays on.