Weight of G3 interior parts

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Here's are list of the weight of some common interior parts from a G3 Integra 2 door.

Passenger seat = 34 lbs
Rear seat bottom section = 7 lbs
Rear seat backs = 21 lbs
Tonneau cover = 7 lbs
Spare tire = 23 lbs
Jack and tire change tools = 6 lbs
Hatch carpet and board over spare = 10 lbs

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I weighed them all myself yesterday, before I put them back into my car. Before I went to the track for the first time this year, I took out the passenger seat, the whole rear seat, tonneau cover and the spare/jack/tools. So before I put all that back in, I was curious to know how much this stuff weighed. So I hopped on my scale holding the parts and found out. I figured you guys would like to know also, so I posted the list. If you guys have any more to add please do, like the various rear panels, center console, glove box, ect...
We can put together a list and see what we're really getting out of our weight reduction efforts.

Jumper cables = 4 lbs

ca86108

idont get it.. if u took out ALL that shit in ur car.. and had 108 reduced, and have cams and evertyhing how can u only run 14.7? im not trynna diss u or anythign just wondering,.. is it elevation?

DownShift96GSR

Good information. But I gotta a question the kinda relates. My 96 GSR cloth interior weighed 2600lbs. When I got my 2001 GSR Leather, I checked the weight and it says 3200lbs. How in the hell is there an 800lb difference, can anyone explain that to me?

The weights aren't accurate, its the weight taken off of the registration.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Rear panels = 5 lbs (each)
Back panel = 3 lbs
Floor carpet = 10 lbs
Panel around rear windows = 1 lb
Rear floor mat = 2 lbs (each)
Front floor mat = 3 lbs (each)

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
DownShift96GSR said:
Good information. But I gotta a question the kinda relates. My 96 GSR cloth interior weighed 2600lbs. When I got my 2001 GSR Leather, I checked the weight and it says 3200lbs. How in the hell is there an 800lb difference, can anyone explain that to me?

The weights aren't accurate, its the weight taken off of the registration.
Curb weight vs gross vehicle weight. Take the GVW and subract the max amount of extra weight and you get the curb weight.

that Means your car can carry 800lbs extra. but that seems like a lot. i thought these tegs could only carry a max of 600lbs.