Vtec Not Working

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
my buddy's g2 speed sensor or watever was out and that caused the vtec to not engage.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Mostly likely candidates......low oil pressure or bad VTEC solenoid. Coolant temp and speed sensor can also cause it. The car has to be at operating temp or it will not go into VTEC

Do you have any CEL's?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I would check your oil level, dc2 is right about the temp. You cant usually jump in the car and vtec the hell out of it.

SOLOTR95

MY FRIENDS 2000 GSRs VTEC ISNT ENGAGE SOMETIMES WE DRIVE IT IN THE MORNING AND WHEN THE CAR HAS SAT FOR AWHILE ITS COLD. THE CARS SOUND SOUNDS MUFFLED AND VTEC WONT KICK IN TILL THE TEMP GOES UP. SOMETIMES WE NOTICED THAT WHEN HE GETS THE RPMS WHEN RUNNING IT HARD GETS TO 7000 THE CAR SEEMS LIKE HE IS PUSHING HIS LIMITS. IT SOUNDS FUNNY.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
That pushing its limit sound, is probably because the non-vtec lobe isnt making power anymore.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Tell him to warm his car up before he drives it. It will last ALOT longer and run better that way. Cold oil is bad oil and VTEC doesn't engage cold

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
is this what itr owners say nowadays when they lose? my vtec wasnt working. lol. just kidding.