vibrations over sixty

tickytickytegra

I just got my 91 integra ls and today i was on the highway for the first time and when i got over 60 the car started to shake a bit...not a great deal but more than i thought it sould be...tomorrow im going to get the tires balanced but if that does not solve the problem what else could be wrong? The car has new struts and has been lowered 2" and was aligned once that was finished. So if anyone could point me in a direction of what else to check that would be great.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
or get them balanced.

most likely a flat spot, but we did re-balance my buddy's tires at school when they started doing this and it went away for like 6 months.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Or the tires could have a bubble in the sidewall

rsxer63

We had a similar problem with mine..
we balanced them... still there
we load balanced them... still there
tried hub centric rics... still there
we then torqued the wheels while the car was still in the air and the problem went away

601405dc2

601405dc2
When i first got my integra, this guy had these ugly big chrome wheels on it. Same thing as you the car shook around sixty on the freeway. I put on my SSRs and different tires and now there is no rattle at any speed.

I think cheaper rims have balance issues if you ask me. Maybe its ur rims, try swappin em and see what happens

ohsoJDM

its def. a wheel balance issue, whether its your tires or not you will find out once you balance and reinstall.

tickytickytegra

I got it fixed...i dont know what it was for sure or if its going to come back but i took it to tire barn and had the tires balanced and its gone...thanks for the help if it returns ill try some of the other things you all said