Valves B18a

blackintegra91

How do you tighten the valves on b18a? its kinda squeaking. I think I have a belt loose too. Is it hard to change the belt near the coolant reserve tank? or is there just a lubricant that i cnan put on it?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Valves dont usually squeak, they usually have a clicking sound. Typically referred to as valve chatter.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
There are a few things that cause it, the easiest is low oil pressure. The other common one would be the valve lash needing adjusted.

dc2b18

Wait... What?
please don't even mess with that if you don't know what you're doing. You could cause big problems down the road for yourself. If you want to anyway there are some good links on teamintegra.net for info

genesis

tougê hêrmit
have you changed your oil lately lol it can be caused by that, it can be caused by a burnt valve many things can cause that noise.... but its most likely that your valves should be adjusted...

blackintegra91

okay. yeah, i probably wasnt gonna mess with them if it was a tedious process. thats what i was just wondering. and yeah, i've changed my oil the other day, after under 1000 miles because i wanted to "flush" out the old oil from my last change. so its definetly not the oil. they probably just need adjusting like you were saying. I just dont want be payin out the ass for something simple. but since you've told me i shouldnt do it, then i guess ill have to