Unknown object in car

ehschick1849

So...
I am cleaning my 'teg today...
I find underneath the passanger seat:
a little black box...
red light flashing...
and on the box it says Denshi Giken...
I looked it up and it seems to be a performance part maybe??
Does anyone know what it is??
Looks like a freaking tracking device in my car...
ha ha ha
There are codes on it too....
Hmmm...
Please help...
I can't find anything on this
:cry:

Thanks,
Whitney

ehschick1849

so it being in my car does nothing though...
I mean how does it work???
sorry I don't know...
=[

ehschick1849

okay so here is what I got as a definition...
A device to be used in connection with an automotive vehicle for indicating rates of acceleration above pre-set thresholds so that the vehicle operator may change such rate in a fashion to reduce fuel consumption. The device includes a box-like housing containing a mercury switch having two electrodes located at a first end thereof and which are adapted to be bridged when the mercury mass moves under the influence of acceleration forces. These electrodes are connected in a series circuit with a source of electrical potential and an indicator means such that a signal is given when and if the vehicle is accelerated at a rate above an adjustable, pre-set level.

Why does it blink red???
Why is it mounted to the floor of my car and I can't move it???
Arg....

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
oh sounds like when the murcury moves it tells the ecu or something the rate of acceleration. I wouldnt mess with it.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
silverteg said:
Denshigiken make OEM equipment for companies like Honda, so it isnt going to be an aftemarket ECU if those are the only markings that are on it.
http://www.driver.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=18944

aka, that's your factory ECU. the blinking light is pending code numbers. count the long / short flashes. it'll give you a number. that's the engine code you're currently throwing.
Find out the code that's on the side of it. I'm willing to bet it's just a stock ECU

It's probably either this number:
37820-PJ1-752

or this number:
XFHP1752

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
so if kucha is correct you should have a Check engine light. But why wouldnt that ecu fit where the stock one is?

ehschick1849

I'm not going to mess with it... But it's just one more thing I have no clue on what I can do...
Jeez... maybe that's the reason why I am getting terrible MPG's lol!!
=]

ehschick1849

I get tune ups like no other...
I go to the dealership once a month for a tune up oil change and a full check up...
I am OCD when it comes to my car and it bugs me that I can't figure this device out...
ha ha ha

and the check engine light was on but when I had the distributor replaced about less than a month ago he turned it off for me and said there was nothing wrong... I want to tear apart my car and figure this stuff out...
Ha ha ha I feel so helpless...

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
37820-PG7-A031 = Integra 5-speed ECU

It's just your cars ECU. nothing special. a check engine light would explain bad fuel economy. SEARCH to see how to check the codes for your generation of integra. There should be a way to count the flashes and figure out what code your car is throwing.

from there, we can try and help you out.