Un-happy Comp-Test

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
So yeah I'm buring oil pretty bad so we ran a test on the car
1-180
2-180
3-120
4-130

And I dont really like those numbers so, I guess it's ring buying time. Like enuff shit wasnt going wrong, its just one thing after the other! It's going to take forever for me to get everything for this head!

iphondatek

Honda tech
Did you do a cylinder leak down test? If you don't have that equipment to use you could do a wet test with oil. Just a quik thaught to try to eliminate the rings as the prob.

speedin

The Transporter
iphondatek said:
Did you do a cylinder leak down test? If you don't have that equipment to use you could do a wet test with oil. Just a quik thaught to try to eliminate the rings as the prob.
Yes. Put some oil into the cylinders and redo the tests. If the numbers change dramaticly (think its 8psi+) then the rings are indeed your culprut

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
speedin said:
Yes. Put some oil into the cylinders and redo the tests. If the numbers change dramaticly (think its 8psi+) then the rings are indeed your culprut
yeah we did that

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
i need to get my car tested .... i think its a leak rather than burning oil but im definitley losing it somehow

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol, nice...

Maybe a valve stuck open. check your valve lash. that can make your comp test not happy. or maybe even a head gasket... if its broken down between 3 and 4, the compressed air would sneak thru into the other cylinder...

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
nice .... let us know how much you get it for and whats involved in the swap ... if mine blows up id be interested in going the same route, cause i moved and my county has no visual inspection, just emissions.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Melt said:
nice .... let us know how much you get it for and whats involved in the swap ... if mine blows up id be interested in going the same route, cause i moved and my county has no visual inspection, just emissions.
Its complete with everything 88k for $1000, A local guy has it