Type R Lip so expensive????

g2integra387

Hey whats up CI members? I was looking around at purchasing a front lip and I finally found one I really want but its sooooooo expensive. Does anyone know where I can get a type r lip that looks like this? http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=3&TopicID=43092&SearchPagePosition=8&search="tint"&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search. They say it's the "front air dam" and I'm not sure if they are talking about the entire bumper or just the lip. I want that exact lip or for better reference, on teamintegra the white integra they have posted up on every page on the top left corner..yea that one but every time I do a search for it all I can find is lips with the slots or holes cut into the sides. This is for a 94-97 front bumper application. Any info is well appreciated. Thanks.

P.S I finally bought a new teggy. Hopefully pix will be posted saturday. :headbang:

Baldy201

The lip that your are looking for is a Type R lip for the 94-97 bumper. As for the link you gave is a like to weather or not tint is illegal or not. I dont know if that was intentional or not. As for price i could not tell your what is a good price.

g2integra387

Baldy201 said:
The lip that your are looking for is a Type R lip for the 94-97 bumper. As for the link you gave is a like to weather or not tint is illegal or not. I dont know if that was intentional or not. As for price i could not tell your what is a good price.
Whoops my bad baldy. Wee bit tired over here. http://www.comptechusa.com/store/product1371.html thats the actual link I was shooting for. I know its a type r, i just cant seem to find one for around $100.00 or so like members always talk about. All I see is the mugen replicas with the cutouts on both sides which are nice, but not what I'm shooting for. Thanks for the response badly. :) any more suggestions?

Baldy201

I think that you can find one for cheaper. Go to Honda-Tech.com and look in the classified section or even the sponsor section and see what kind of deals they have. I think that you can get a good ABS Plastic lip for around 150. I would stay away from fiberglass becasuse those break really easy, although they are cheaper.

g2integra387

Baldy201 said:
I think that you can find one for cheaper. Go to Honda-Tech.com and look in the classified section or even the sponsor section and see what kind of deals they have. I think that you can get a good ABS Plastic lip for around 150. I would stay away from fiberglass becasuse those break really easy, although they are cheaper.
Thanks again Baldy. If HT doesn't have much I guess I'll keep searching. Let me know if anyone finds a website selling type r lips, abs plastic for a good price.

latindc2

Well bro u in luck JDMshit.com has the replica of comptech same material urethane for 150 shipped.....check it out. 8)

g2integra387

latindc2 said:
Well bro u in luck JDMshit.com has the replica of comptech same material urethane for 150 shipped.....check it out. 8)
Sweet. Thanks alot man.

g2integra387

The lip is currently on backorder. Hopefully more come in sooner than later so I can rock the type r. 8) Ps. I just saw your car on ROTM Latindc2 :thumbs up looks amazing. Not meaning to change the topic but where bouts did you get your oem side skirts. Those would also happen to be on my list for the teg. Is that 20 % tint on your teg? Sorry for all the questions, just a little curious.

Last edited:

latindc2

g2integra387 said:
The lip is currently on backorder. Hopefully more come in sooner than later so I can rock the type r. 8) Ps. I just saw your car on ROTM Latindc2 :thumbs up looks amazing. Not meaning to change the topic but where bouts did you get your oem side skirts. Those would also happen to be on my list for the teg. Is that 20 % tint on your teg? Sorry for all the questions, just a little curious.
Thanks, i found the sides on honda-tech.com they were painted my color mr so i could pass it up, but i paid 400 bucks, yeah that 20% tint but im going limo....

g2integra387

latindc2 said:
Thanks, i found the sides on honda-tech.com they were painted my color mr so i could pass it up, but i paid 400 bucks, yeah that 20% tint but im going limo....
If give all you guys and girls props for going limo. CT fedz are dicks and use whatever excuses they can. Any ideas on a website I can find those side skirts? Probably going to have a shop paint the skirts, lip, and possibly Type R wing mr as well seeing how I can't paint and suck at life in that department. Crossing my fingers it doesn't cost more than $300.00 for the paint.

latindc2

g2integra387 said:
If give all you guys and girls props for going limo. CT fedz are dicks and use whatever excuses they can. Any ideas on a website I can find those side skirts? Probably going to have a shop paint the skirts, lip, and possibly Type R wing mr as well seeing how I can't paint and suck at life in that department. Crossing my fingers it doesn't cost more than $300.00 for the paint.
Those sides are discountinued item finding them would be a bitch, but they are ppl that sell fiberglass copy of it if u instered it, i heard MR paint is an expensive paint...

g2integra387

latindc2 said:
Those sides are discountinued item finding them would be a bitch, but they are ppl that sell fiberglass copy of it if u instered it, i heard MR paint is an expensive paint...
Anything to get rid of those stock skirts. I'm not really feelin the two tone but I'm not picky. Any side skirts that look clean and don't have that body kit look with crazy twists and turns. I'd like to forget abou the days I thought that look was cool. :roll: Trying to shoot for a cleaner jdm look here.