Type R exhaust questions

faylo604

does anyone know how much a used TYPE R exaust is worth and how much HP is gained.. thru the oem part

g3teg97

Super Moderator
You wont know how much is gained until you dyno. It varies from car to car. I've seen the cat back go cheap as $150.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Yeah, you just gotta look around.

I found this

www.itrsport.com said:
A major contributor to the Type R's ability to generate 195 horsepower from only 1.8 liters displacement is its highly efficient exhaust system. The exhaust flow rate has been increased by 30 percent over the Integra GS-R model thanks to a number of improvements. Starting with a large-diameter Tri-Y header system, the individual head pipes gently converge into a tapered collector to provide smooth flow with minimum obstruction. The stainless steel header connects to an exhaust system with significantly increased pipe diameters, the addition of a third exhaust chamber, and a performance-oriented muffler with a large NSX-style exhaust tip.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
from what i know the catback wont fit the gsr .... but is a direct bolt on to ls.

faylo604

wow thanks for that info!!!.. now i can say something that makes me look smarter when i put it on

Robstunner

theres nothing a muffler shop cant do.

my RSR was for a 94-97, but i took my stock off and noticed all i need to do is shorten the midpipe by 3.5 inches. after taht it went on perfect. im sure you can get that ITR exhaust on there. theres even a guy with a EK i used to work with who bolted on a ITR exhaust on his car... sticks out fairly far, but fits.