Type R axleback exhaust fit an LS?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I've ridden in a GSR with an aftermarket header, and modified Type R catback. It buzzed alot, sounded very ricey

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
dc2GS-R said:
I've ridden in a GSR with an aftermarket header, and modified Type R catback. It buzzed alot, sounded very ricey
what do you recommend for a GSR w/ DC 4-1 header and ITR cat. because with a 5zigen axleback its pretty loud. i actually am in the market for a new exhaust.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I had an RS*R catback with a DC 4-2-1. I did it strictly to avoid buzzing ricer sounds that are quite common to alot of cars I see. I loved it! It didn't buzz at all, fitment was perfect and I liked the look. It seems that with most people, it is love or hate on the way it looks. Wanna hear it?

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
dc2GS-R said:
I had an RS*R catback with a DC 4-2-1. I did it strictly to avoid buzzing ricer sounds that are quite common to alot of cars I see. I loved it! It didn't buzz at all, fitment was perfect and I liked the look. Wanna hear it?
haha sure. i wouldnt say mine buzzed but its a pretty deep growl. that gives a somewhat tunnel noise that always popped my ears.

also its an axleback so i dont know if that would have an effect. and when i bought the 5zigen it didnt come with a built-in silencer.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
JDM_Conversion said:
i should definently make a vid and compare. but from the looks of it, yours seem much better.
The vid or the car?

The vid is made on a simple Canon Powershot A85 (regular 4.0 megapixel digital camera)

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
dc2GS-R said:
The vid or the car?

The vid is made on a simple Canon Powershot A85 (regular 4.0 megapixel digital camera)
haha. the vid not the car.

i would use my girls digicam but she broke it like every other expensive thing i buy her.

how much the RS*R mag run you?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I got my RS*R catback for around $450.

60mm piping and quiet tone FTW!

Last edited:

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
dammit just realized that the RS*R is 2.36 in diameter. everything is 2.5" for mine from header to cat. should i reconsider?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Yes! I'm not sure what your mods are and if you really need 2.5" piping, but you definitely don't want a bottleneck in the exhaust and I imagine you wouldn't wanna buy a new header and cat to match

I'll quit whoring your thread now samace.....sorry lol