Two Questions: E-brake & Alarm

dustinb

Hey hey everyone. I'm taking advantage of having my new to me integra un-insured and disassembling / cleaning everything. I'm going to rent a steam vacuum, and went ahead and removed the front seats today. I then stumbled across this under my seat:

http://www.dbmiata.com/integra/alarm.jpg

It says Security Control Main Unit on it, and has a bunch of dials and switches. I see on the back of it where a bunch of wires would plug in, however there is no wires going into it. Presently there is a Viper or viper half breed alarm installed. First off, what is this doing under my seat? Was it normal for all Integra's (96 SE 4 door) to come with this unit, and only some were wired up? Also, what would be involved in getting the factory alarm back up and running? I only have on FOB for the present alarm, and was thinking of either getting another FOB or doing a different alarm. Something just appeals to me about having the factory setup.

Now, the ebrake question. I noticed that one side wasn't locking, and I figured it could be the little ratchet in the caliper. Then, when I removed my center console, I found this:

http:///www.dbmiata.com/integra/ebrake.jpg

It's obviously way out of adjustment, however I don't know how to adjust these things. It's one of the things I haven't had to do on any of my previous cars. Could someone suggest what I need to do? I figure I have to unscrew the center bolt, and them somehow equalize the two metal lines.

All help is appreciated!

iphondatek

Honda tech
My computer says the address to view your e brake is not available. If you mean one tire is not locking, now I am just guessing possibly someone didn't replace the pads on both sides. Or do you mean on the lever where it clicks one side is not clicking or staying in one spot? I would think maybe a bent piece somewhere. One line could be stretched, If so the way my brain works I would replace both. that is if you ment one tire is not locking.