twitchy tach

mojave3555

1st GEN noob
i have a 1st gen integra ls and when i bought it it had some front end damage and a blown 65amp underhood fuse now while everything still drives great all electronics seem to be working my tach "twitches" veeeryy little when idling around 800-850 but really bad when im driving ill be cruising at 70mph and my tach will be bouncing between 5k to 8k i have not replaced the fuse with another fuse yet i just have it bridged with a wire but any ideas? also if anyone knows where i can get a cheap LH fender and headlight assy and front bumper assy you would save me a lot of time thanks :)

Theasian

Find out where the ground is and clean the ground wire. If not its either the wire from your icm or the icm is going bad sending a bad signal

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
check your ground, it will be around the distributor, on 2nd and 3rd gen integras its on the thermostat housing. there should be around 3 grounds in your engine bay tighten and clean them all i had the exact same problem, if that doesnt work try another distributor modulator or another dizzy. mine was so bad my car would die out, that ground controls your dizzy and injectors i think

mojave3555

1st GEN noob
ok i will try both of those and i will keep you posted
thanx

mojave3555

1st GEN noob
well a new update whenever im driving the car and accelerating i can feel the motor miss or something when i see that tack twitch would that be the icm?

mojave3555

1st GEN noob
well im goin to replace the icm tonight ill let you guys know what happens