Tune-Up Tips and Product Advice

Cutupsum

What Wires, Plugs, and Distributor are you Non-Vtec guys running? I'll be tuning up a 98 GS and was curious to waht you recommend. I wont be adding a turbo or anything just pretty much a daily driver and if you have pics of your wires and stuff please post. Any other suggestions are welcome also. Thanks

k624ash

ive got ngk platinums and ngk wires. and some distributor from autozone, duralast maybe.
but i would recomend the ngk. There is a article on team integra on why you should use platinum click me

nautica_t

if you dont' care about pricing.
oem parts does not hurt.

i'm going to do a tune up on my buddy's ej with b16, and he's going to buy everything oem.
cap, rotor, plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, oil filter.

so he's good to go.

when in doubt, can't beat oem quality.
or you can step up and get some baller products but not worth the $$$ imo for your current setup.
ie. NGK spark plug wires, iridium plats +4, msg cap, rotor..
but there are debates that you can get some gains.

Cutupsum

Thanks-- I appreciate. What gas is recommended for these cars? I dont use regular in anything but I wasnt sure if the GS is ok to run Premium.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Premuim will not hurt or help it on a GS. You can use regular and get the same results though. Only the GS-R and Type R require 91 octane or better. The GS and LS recommend 87 octane or better, so regular gas is fine

Cutupsum

dc2GS-R said:
Premuim will not hurt or help it on a GS. You can use regular and get the same results though. Only the GS-R and Type R require 91 octane or better. The GS and LS recommend 87 octane or better, so regular gas is fine

Hmmm Ok--so i finally have a car that runs off cheap gas. I'll give it a shot and hopefully the valves wont rattle, or i may just mix it.

nautica_t

yeah run 87 that should be fine

i seen people with escalades and shit running 87 lol..feel sorry for the sap that buys it when he/she returns it :s

if the valves rattle, just tighten it up :p

Cutupsum

nautica_t said:
yeah run 87 that should be fine

i seen people with escalades and shit running 87 lol..feel sorry for the sap that buys it when he/she returns it :s

if the valves rattle, just tighten it up :p
Cool--I should be fine then after i do a complete tune-up and replace filters, plugs and wires. I'm looking for the factory fog lights for a 98--what is a good price for those?

k624ash

nautica_t said:
if you dont' care about pricing.
oem parts does not hurt.

i'm going to do a tune up on my buddy's ej with b16, and he's going to buy everything oem.
cap, rotor, plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, oil filter.

so he's good to go.

when in doubt, can't beat oem quality.
or you can step up and get some baller products but not worth the $$$ imo for your current setup.
ie. NGK spark plug wires, iridium plats +4, msg cap, rotor..
but there are debates that you can get some gains.
i wouldnt consider ngk wires baller, since they arent very expensive and i belive they are an oem replacement.
and whats ridium plats+4? also a rotor isnt expensive and i would recomend replacing it on your current setup, it usualy comes as a package deal with the cap.
and i dont think you would get any gains from any of that unless your heavily modified. It should get your car back to stock quality

Cutupsum

K624ASH your wheels look good, what size are they and do you have any close up or better pics?

LiEkjAi

ive got ngk platinums and ngk wires too with oem distributor. i also uses 91octane, with 10-30 full sythetic oil. i cherish dat engine like it's brand new lolx

nautica_t

in canuck land. ngk wires are close to 200 bux for a set. where as oem you can get for 100.

but most things in the states are cheaper :(

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
i just used some bosch wires and bosch platinum +4 sparks but they were expensive. i forgot what brand name was my cap and rotor but it was the most expensive one i could get. use sea foam every now and then too.