Tune Up time

mteg

Automatic Lover
Word to the wise, go with NGK wires and plugs. I paid $56 for Denso's, and had to basically scrap them out for $8 NGK's when I went to nitrous. To tell you the truth, I never noticed a difference between them and the stock plugs. I'm looking at getting some new plug wires, and I'm going with some NGK blues. Most everyone on the forum will tell you NGK is the way to go.

heykosal

Angkorian
NGK Blues?
x2.

and yeah, like he said, get ngk plugs and wires. i got ngk iridium ix plugs at advance auto parts for $7 a piece. they sell them at the honda dealer for about $13 a piece. and thats with my discount.

mteg

Automatic Lover
I would skip the iridiums. Honestly, you aren't going to notice the differnce. Most people that tell you they can feel them, its becuase the plugs they currently have are fucked up.

heykosal

Angkorian
mteg has a good point. plus the laser platinums that jdmxdb8 is talking about are cheaper. but its your call and i chose iridium.

arent oem plugs ngk iridium? or platinum?

onexsilence

silence is everything..
OEM are NGK platinums for GSR, i just run NGK v type coppers and call it a day. no need to get Platinum or Iridiam(waste of money). never notice any different on each one (yes i actually pulled out the NEW platinums to see if they have any difference). you do have to change them a bit more often tho.

edit: btw, you might as well change out your cap and rotor also if your going to change out your plugs wires.

Last edited:

Sammich

yea don't do what i have done...getting bosch plugs...they are staying in there though until my next tune up