Transmission

funnahguy

I'm new to this site, but just picked up a gsr from some old people with about 97000 miles. Everything was going great until I launched too hard. I bounced like crazy and had no traction at all. I didnt go through with the launch but after that happened my transmission and clutch have been acting up. Now whenever I try to run my car hard it seems like it will not disengage all the time. It is a on and off problem though. It seems to grind when trying to put it into gear sometimes, and lately when I race, ill take it almost all the way ro the redline and it wont go in to second gear at all. same if i am in second and try to get it into third. Normal driving shifting is fine yet very sticky and acts up a lot.

If anyone has had similar problems or might know whats wrong all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

GSROWNSU

the grinding when your shifting up in the higher rpms could mean your syncros are starting to wear out

reconxtru

DC5!
GSROWNSU said:
the grinding when your shifting up in the higher rpms could mean your syncros are starting to wear out
thats wat you get for racing and pushing your car to the limit...you wear out your parts....i for one don't race...i think street racing is stupid...i'm not saying you street race...you probably go to the track and race a legal race but i'm sayin in general that street racers are stupid...i know that was off topic but yea.

CHILD

all day all JDM
nearly 100,000 miles on it and you bought it from old people so its pretty safe to say that the car hadn't seen the upper RPM's so that aided the problems after the hard launches. Anytime you get a vehicle brand new or used, you need to baby it and take it a lil at a time....get it into some good routine maintenance before you try to make it live up to its name.

funnahguy

So what do you think I should do? Buy new synchros and have them put in, or just buy a new tranny? Also who makes good transmissions that I could drop in? What are my options? thanks.

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
same thing happened to me with both my gsr and my gs. take child's advice and baby it and you'll have no problem..dont rev hard please.

CHILD

all day all JDM
if you try to rebuild or replace some parts of your tranny, you might as well completely rebuild it or else you'll just run into problems soon down the road. If it were me, i would spend the money on one straight from the factory brand new, or have aamco rebuild one for you, because they only completely rebuild trannys.

keep this in mind when tuning
"BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY"