tranny swap??

amaestre32

I just got a 92 integra ls that has only around 85,000 on the engine, and im debating on wether or not i should swap the tranny since its automatic right now. i mean i know its non vtec and anyeverything but its still got the b18 which is still a pretty bad ass engine. help me out thanks.. :)

amaestre32

what would a total cost of a complete tranny swap be?. also how much would a right hand drive conversion be just out of curiousity. thanks, Amaestre

DAteg92

yeah i dont know that much about hondas cause i used to be all about the nissan 240sx but do the tranny swap its worth it. i have a b16 tranny and it pulls hard. even tho its my first 5 speed.

amaestre32

well my friend is all into hondas and shit and he told me to get a obd0 ls tranny?? and isnt that like a right hand drive conversion?

Last edited:

tilegend

not sure why you would want the old OBD0 A1 LS transmission. they old, outdated, most of them are beat to shit, and its harder to find parts for them considering the gears are probably discontinued through acura.

plus you wont be able to swap out for the hydro internals of the later B-series transmssions...

bad choice imho.

racinfeend59

i picked up a gsr and it was great
it was always a manual so i never had to convert it
but it all together was 750 with the new clutch plate and tranny installed

amaestre32

so im looking at about 1000 for a conversion? do you know what type of transmission i should be looking for. a list of things would be good. im trying to find shit but its kinda hard idk where to start lol

Last edited:

DAunderfire

A Beast...
I can help you out if you really need help im almost complete with my swap and so far im around the $1,400-$1,800 area.I can get you a list of parts and an accurate cost.I got basically everything new from the dealership except the jdm b16 tranny,shift linkage,pedals,and clutch cable.I suggest you look for a 92-93 LS or YS-1 tranny.

DAunderfire

A Beast...
Hmm i bored so im going to list EVERYTHING needed for the swap.

LIST:
Transmission(Price varies from where you buy it)Make sure its CABLE
Shift Linkage(" ")
Spring Pin(For shift linkage costs like a dollar from acura)
Transmission Mount(Got mines new for $110 from acura)
Transmission Bracket($80 from acura)
3 Transmision mount bolts(have to be an inch longer than stock so engine wont sit an inch too high,ue washers)
Flywheel(got mine new re-manufactured from discount auto parts for $130)
M/T Starter(Got a new re-manufactured one for $120
Clutch and pressure plate(Get the one that pertains to ur trannies year,92-93 wont fit on 90-91's)
Flywheel bolts(got minefrom acura i think it was like $45)
pressure plate bolsts($35 from acura)
Pilot-bearing($20 from acura)
Clutch cable(depends where u get it from i suggest getting skunk2)
5Speed pedal assembly(could get for like $40 online)
Half-Shaft(got mines online for $30)

Thats all i can think of right now.some add more if theres anything else. I got a whole write-up(not mine)that i can send you if you want.