To Help My Understanding

Future91Sleeper

To better help my understanding if my car contains a B18B1 i should look for parts for that motor or otherwise 94-01 integra even though my car is a 91 integra I'm looking into headers and a few other things. I'm slowly trying to price things together to better set a goal for me to work to but i need to make sure im looking for the right stuff. Thanks

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
To better help my understanding if my car contains a B18B1 i should look for parts for that motor or otherwise 94-01 integra even though my car is a 91 integra I'm looking into headers and a few other things. I'm slowly trying to price things together to better set a goal for me to work to but i need to make sure im looking for the right stuff. Thanks
No

a G2 Integra has a B18A1, and you want to order parts for your year Integra.

Buying a header system for a 94-01 Integra might not line up with your exhaut system, and all sorts of problems with other parts as well.

Just buy the parts for YOUR car.

DarkDB1

No

a G2 Integra has a B18A1, and you want to order parts for your year Integra.

Buying a header system for a 94-01 Integra might not line up with your exhaut system, and all sorts of problems with other parts as well.

Just buy the parts for YOUR car.
He said his DA has a B18B1 and is wondering if he should look for G2 parts for the DA or B18B1 parts since his DA has a B18B1.

Future91Sleeper

exactly what DarkDB1 said I have a 1991 Integra with a B18B1 and I just want to know should i be ordering off the parts for my actual year car or from my actual engine year (hence 94-01 or 90-93) I just want a clarification before i actually start spending money.

maq

What kind of parts? I think that would help a lot. If its all engine stuff i would say 94+.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
What kind of parts? I think that would help a lot. If its all engine stuff i would say 94+.
thats where you go wrong, you need to order 91 parts. I thought you could get away with 94+ as well but teggy bear does bring up the point that some parts wont reach. If you wanted to use 94+ parts you will need to run a custom cat back because the cat converter locations are different on the cars. and for intake you may want to check to see if the part numbers match, or find a shop that has 91 and 94 aem intakes.

Future91Sleeper

ok i was basically looking into headers but you guys put it into perspective for me the 90-93 header would be a direct bolt on for my car. I was going to start with headers, cat, and exhaust, but now I'm faced with a different dilemma if anyone knows of a great site that sells OBD0 to OBD2 conversion harnesses lemme know thanks