Timing belt replacement

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
i just called Acura before to find out how much it would be to change the timing belt. the belt is only about $75 but i wasnt sure if i should do it myslef cause i didnt want to mess up the timing or buy a timing light just for that, but anyway i called them and they told me it would be $950 to change!!!! thats a little ridiculous is there that much work involved? should i get a timing light and do it myself i have the manual? what do you guys think and if you think i should whats some pointers you could give me? thanks alot boys and girls

PogKai

B20VTEC
in the dealer here, it cost around $450 parts and labor including water pump. check out why it cost the double in there. No timing light required for the job.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I paid my mechanic $350. They usually replace the water pump at the same time. $450 sounds about right.

Winki

Undercover mod
find a good local mechanic, timming belts arn't really considered easy so thats not a job for beginers

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I'm going to be doing mine, hopefully the power steering will be out by then.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
i am pretty much your all around handy man and i can fix just about anything and i love takin stuff apart. so i know i wouldnt have much difficulty changing it, so i suppose i should change the water pump as well i might take it to a local guy instead but ill see.