timing belt break

715guy

was sup, i haven't been in here for awhile. here is my problem, i was driving 60mph and all the sudden my timing belt broke down. is there anything in the head bent or broke too, i mean valve, cam, springs..etc..thanx

Darrell

You're going to have to look for yourself, we don't know if your valves are messed up. I am guessing at 60mph you might have bent some valves. :woot:

Winki

Undercover mod
Yeah thats not good that happened to my buddy just the other day on his teg and his valves were fucked up

715guy

no, didn't shut off the engine because i wasn't sure that it is my timing belt, so i let the car comes to a rest before i shut off the engine. i also try to start the engine...but didn't work, therefore, i know that my timing belt.

graveyardhippie

sounds like u did exactly what i did last week.... more than likely ur valves are shot and ur lookin at maybe a minumum of 600 bux unless u can replace them urself.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
My timing belt broke when I was doing 50-55mph in 5th gear just cruising along, and I didn't have any damage from it. I tried to start my car afterwards twice, too. So it's possible you could be OK. Replace the belt and see if it starts. Like Darrell said, there's no telling what happened in there without looking for yourself!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
hope your valves didn't get messed up. I pulled the head off my friends car before when his broke and it looked like it had 16 corkscrewss in it.

Darrell

dc2GS-R said:
hope your valves didn't get messed up. I pulled the head off my friends car before when his broke and it looked like it had 16 corkscrewss in it.
Ouch, Mojo must have had the lube out that day :p

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
dude that fuking sucks...thats why i always tell people replace those things...no telling when they can break...

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
Darrell said:
Ouch, Mojo must have had the lube out that day :p
LMAO.....ok back on topic take to valve cover off and check it out if all looks good throw on a new belt and try to start it like g3 said if it does good if not motor may be dead