Throttle Position Sensor

Frost94

I have a 94 Acura Integra, the check engine light is going off, I read code 7. Can anyone give me instructions/advice on how to properly install or calibrate a throttle position sensor? I removed it trying to find an idle problem, and since I reinstalled it the check engine light has been on. Any advice would be very helpful since its Sunday and there is nowhere I can take the car.

JGvtec

TPS sensor's rarely ever go bad. I check autozone's price and its $46. I would wait for someone else t comment and give you some more. help. If it was me i would replace it since thats the code your throwing.

Frost94

Yeah Im going to have a friend thats pretty good with Hondas take a look tomorrow, probably clean out my IACV too. I just got this car about 2 weeks ago, problems just keep popping up. After having my oil changed some new oil leaks popped up, so hopefully I can get everything fixed before it falls apart, but this is my daily driver so I hope it holds up.

JGvtec

yea, let us know man. I hope everything works out.

Frost94

Thanks for the link, I also found a how to thread on the TPS in the forum, dont know how I missed the earlier. I think from what the video shows and reading the link I can use the multimeter to calibrate the TPS with out taking the TB off and all that, might be a little harder to get at but I dont think the voltage will be affected.