Think i can break the 15 mark?

GSROWNSU

Hey guys just curious when i bought my car the guy said his best run was a 15.1 all stock cept the stage 3 clutch do you guys think i can break the 15 mark w/ ihe? I am going to get the AEM v2 soon do you think that would do it alone or no. I'm just curious thanks

Dan

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
If that car ran a 15.1 stock with just a clutch, you will blow away the 15.0 mark with I/H/E. You could get under 15 seconds with just an intake. That's a pretty strong GSR you have, or that other guy was a real good driver who could lauch the socks off that car. When I went to the track with just I/H/C/E I ran 15.3's@93, that was with street tires, full interior plus my stereo system, and I could only get 2.50 60' times.

GSROWNSU

TegSox said:
If that car ran a 15.1 stock with just a clutch, you will blow away the 15.0 mark with I/H/E. You could get under 15 seconds with just an intake. That's a pretty strong GSR you have, or that other guy was a real good driver who could lauch the socks off that car. When I went to the track with just I/H/C/E I ran 15.3's@93, that was with street tires, full interior plus my stereo system, and I could only get 2.50 60' times.
yea that's what he said he said he only took it down to the track once and ran 3 times and his best was a 15.1 and he had the stage 3 clutch on it.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
a guy i know is currently pulling 15.04@92mph in a 95 ls coupe on rotas with i/h/e

so 14s is deff possible in a gsr with similar mods.

GSROWNSU

Melt said:
a guy i know is currently pulling 15.04@92mph in a 95 ls coupe on rotas with i/h/e

so 14s is deff possible in a gsr with similar mods.
damn that's quick for just ihe....it's amazing what that combo can do

ScubaSTEVE1367

well i took my LS to the track last night....i dunno if its the track or not but i ran 15.3 all night...with 75 shot...on my LS...i got heavy tires that slowed me a lil....R/T was .340.....but best R/T was a .049 that night..... 60' foot was 2.387 1/8 was 9.9 the quarter was a 15.39 with a auto LS with a 75 shot and couple of bolt ons.....but at the 1/8 mile strip i run low 9 seconds in the 1/8 so i dunno what the deal is with that track...usually run 9.6 in the 1/8 but o well thats what i ran....

PS my car is slow lol :D

Regulator23

yeh u'll shave off the times, better times if u had obd1...my advice... get intake exhaust and test pipe, and save the money from the header for s200...v-tec at 4500, top speed limiter GONE! say WHAT!?!? better times hehe :twisted:

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Reaction time doesn't matter when it comes to timing your run. The clock doesn't start running until you break the plane at the starting line. You can sit there for 5 seconds after the light turns green and that's not going to add 5 seconds to your time, know what I mean?

OBD1 and he'd have better times? That's an internet myth.
VTEC a 4500? What's so much better having it hit at 4500 instead if 4400?
Eliminate the governor? How's that gonna help at the track?
And test pipes have been dyno proven over and over again to have no advantage over a high flow cat. Get a cat unless you want super duper stank ass exhaust stench, failed emmisions tests and harrasment by 5-0 sporting pricey fix it tickets.

Regulator23

TegSox said:
Get a cat unless you want super duper stank ass exhaust stench, failed emmisions tests and harrasment by 5-0 sporting pricey fix it tickets.
eh i we dont get po-po worried about smell round my area...they really dont pay attention well im used to v-tec at 5500! go civics! i meant 2nd stage...but w/e overall, s200 would be better than a header by far...basicly an advanced vfac...