The first Integra Type R to the last....any differences?

SOLOTR95

The First Integra Type-r

I Was Just Wondering If Anyone Knew The Answer To This Question. Since The First Acura Integra Type-r Till The Last In 2001 For Dc2 Were There Any Differences In The Performance Or Packages The Cars Came With. Im Just Wondering Cause If Someone Was To Get The First Year They Came Out Or The 2001 Would There Be A Difference Besides The Bumpers.

1329itr00

Type R
from what i understand the usdm 1997 type r's had a different shift knob, a/c was optional (i believe or it didn't come with a/c), floormats are different on 2000's and 2001's i know that, of course the color's they were available in each of the years 97-98 only came with white wheels and 00-01 only came with gunmetal there is a cam difference:

thats all i really can think of i'm sure theres more

1329itr00

Type R
that i know of no the only minor difference i know some people count this is that i think the 97's were a tad bit lighter in weight thats all i'm aware of though

nautica_t

1329itr00 said:
that i know of no the only minor difference i know some people count this is that i think the 97's were a tad bit lighter in weight thats all i'm aware of though

from what i heard, 01 ITR's got the CTR intake cam.

DarkDB1

1997's had the 94-97 bumpers and the amber in the tail lights aswell, Also the shift boot did not have red stitching.

1329itr00

Type R
nautica_t said:
from what i heard, 01 ITR's got the CTR intake cam.
really thats interesting i never heard that i'm gonna have to do some research :roll:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
In the US....
1997's only came in white
2000+ only came in black and yellow.

1997's had white rims
2000+ had gunmetal rims

1997 R's didn't come with a rear wiper or rear washer fluid nozzle, all 1998+ R's came with a rear wiper.

A/C became standard in 2000, it was optional before then.

The specially designed Type R floormats became standard in the R's last year, 2001.

97gsrjames

1329itr00 said:
from what i understand the usdm 1997 type r's had a different shift knob, a/c was optional (i believe or it didn't come with a/c), floormats are different on 2000's and 2001's i know that, of course the color's they were available in each of the years 97-98 only came with white wheels and 00-01 only came with gunmetal there is a cam difference:

thats all i really can think of i'm sure theres more
thats weird. i was pretty sure they didnt make usdm type r's in 99