test pipe on 96 ls, o2 sensor question (obd2)

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
I already asked on superhonda and those guys are kinda useless

im about to get a dc 4-2-1 header prob this weekend and the guy offered me a 2.25" test pipe for a little extra ... i already have an apexi n1full catback and short ram intake

my question is am i going to start blowing o2 sensors. The test pipe has the bung so the o2 DOES plug in. The guy im getting it from said his friend had it on a 96 gsr for a while and didnt blow any o2s, but im still curious about the possiblity.

also is my gas mileage gonna go down? The reason i ask is my friend took the reasonator out of his 04 corolla and lost like 2mpg

Finally is the gains that serious? Ive heard 5 to 10 hp but the last time i heard people talk about test pipes people were also claiming 15hp off aem cais :roll:

heres the thread on sho ... doesnt really seem like anyone with an obd2 car has firsthand experience
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253978

Josh

Melt said:
I already asked on superhonda and those guys are kinda useless

im about to get a dc 4-2-1 header prob this weekend and the guy offered me a 2.25" test pipe for a little extra ... i already have an apexi n1full catback and short ram intake

my question is am i going to start blowing o2 sensors. The test pipe has the bung so the o2 DOES plug in. The guy im getting it from said his friend had it on a 96 gsr for a while and didnt blow any o2s, but im still curious about the possiblity.

also is my gas mileage gonna go down? The reason i ask is my friend took the reasonator out of his 04 corolla and lost like 2mpg

Finally is the gains that serious? Ive heard 5 to 10 hp but the last time i heard people talk about test pipes people were also claiming 15hp off aem cais :roll:

heres the thread on sho ... doesnt really seem like anyone with an obd2 car has firsthand experience
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253978
you will gain some power not sure how much tho, one thing im for sure of its going to be loud as hell

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
i know that ... shits not that loud yet with just the intake and exhaust, but gets loud when you step on it.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Well I got a test pipe and you wont have any problems with your O2 sensor just because you dont have a cat, the reason that o2 sensors go bad is because youre running rich and or old age, problems easily fixed by cleaning or replacing the spark plugs and cleaning the o2 sensor with carburetor cleaner, the noise however its going to be alot louder hope you got a resonator because I dont have one and I regret it now, its very loud and sound rapsy at low rpm, power wise at low rpm it feel like I lost a little on response but on vtec crossover thats when it shines it pulls alot better.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
i do have resonator ... thanks for the tip ... im prob going to get the test pipe.